5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Start of 2022 Production.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Can someone help me digest the chart? Are those in the right side; shaded blue already received their truck?
The squiggly line on the left represents the dates of the orders (by VIN).
The slanted straight line on the right represents the "theoretical" projected build date (based on the assumptions noted).
The slanted blue band on the right represents the "theoretical" projected delivery date (based on the same assumptions).
All of the dots represent actual build-sheet dates.

Each day, the latest members to see build sheets are shown by name. Anyone whose dot is TO THE LEFT of the slanted blue line is beating the odds. And those on the right of the slanted blue line are not.

Scott_R

Reaction score
That's not right, is it? I'm pretty sure that it is not a standard feature.
No, not a standard. However if you use the build a bear website, the version offered is the soft cover.

Seems you need to work with a sales guy, or install after delivery, for the tri-fold hard version. I will go this route if I pull the trigger and switch to a Limited.

KWKSLVR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The squiggly line on the left represents the dates of the orders (by VIN).
The slanted straight line on the right represents the "theoretical" projected build date (based on the assumptions noted).
The slanted blue band on the right represents the "theoretical" projected delivery date (based on the same assumptions).
All of the dots represent actual build-sheet dates.

Each day, the latest members to see build sheets are shown by name. Anyone whose dot is TO THE LEFT of the slanted blue line is beating the odds. And those on the right of the slanted blue line are not.
The dots are so small I can’t tell what I’m doing anymore. 😂

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Interesting chat today. Wanted to confirm that my ordered was canceled. Details are below, but interesting enough, orders aren't being processed on when they are ordered, only configuration.

We knew that with the great data information that eighty and triple_B have been provided us, but yikes, straight to my face that when you ordered, it doesn't matter anymore.

------------
Randy
You emailed Cara and advised that you had cancelled the order so Cara closed out the case.
2:21:47 PM
Me
Thank you Randy. i apprieciate your assistance. Can you at least forward this chat to a manager that confirm that there is an ordering issue and orders are not being processed. I know of several groups that are canceling their orders because of this massive delay. This is not a CHIP shortage issue, its a production\management issue.
2:23:46 PM
Randy
Orders are being processed but it goes by the configuration of the order as to when they move on Arod. But this will be read by Stellantis.
2:24:09 PM
Me
that was not clearly stated by dealers.
2:24:40 PM
orders placed by customers are under the impression that custom orders are prioritized, and first to be built.
2:25:24 PM
Randy
I do apologize that is how I have been informed as to how the ordering system works.

2021 Ram Rebel
2016 Dodge Charger scat pack
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara

firedfly

Reaction score
I have an Android phone and am picking my truck up on the morning. I'll try to remember to report back tomorrow night.
Bad news. Android auto only takes up the top portion of the screen. This is with Android 11 (pixel 3 xl). I have a pixel 6/Android 12 that I'll try tonight. I'm not expecting any improvement, though.

NO FULLSCREEN 😥

Attachments

• PXL_20211029_154202303.jpg
    PXL_20211029_154202303.jpg
    157.5 KB · Views: 81

GeorgiaBoy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That's not right, is it? I'm pretty sure that it is not a standard feature.
I mentioned it was standard on the Limited. I stand corrected, it was part of the night package when I ordered. Lord only knows about it now!! I’ve compared my build sheet to my order so much I forget what’s standard and whats not!!

grogol

Reaction score
Couple of years back, covered a new phone with an "anything happens" $50 deductible plan. I managed to replace that phone 7 time in 5 years. (Didn't even bother with a case.) I did not buy the plan on my current phone... 4-years and no issues. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Closer to the forum topic, it all boils down to your risk tolerance. Frankly, it is a bit counter intuitive... If you have the ability to absorb the cost of a major out of warranty expense, you are better of not spending the money because the actuarial analysis indicates the vehicle is not likely to fail. (This is how the companies make profit.) If you do not have the ability to absorb a major expense, you are better off with the extended warranty to avoid a cascade crisis. (Truck fails and no money to fix, lose job without transport, lose house because no job, etc...) Personally, we have a break glass in case of emergency credit card, and will not be adding an extended warranty.
Excellent analysis!

kesta1986

Reaction score
I just had my salesman call me my truck is at the dealer. I am going tomorrow and get the paperwork done. And of course check out the new truck.
Thanks to Eighty and Triple_B for all your hard work. I am really hoping that all the members can get their trucks soon.
Happy for you!
Wish I’d get that call! I got my WS before you and I’m in Mass as well…fingers crossed it comes soon!

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Wait so your not going to take delivery of your vehicle?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I canceled my order last week because of all of the cluckerfuck that has been going on with production. I wanted to make sure 100% that the dealer is not going to receive my order, and turn it around and sell it to someone else. Lol.

I was able to find a 2021 ram rebe, and bought that instead.

2021 Ram Rebel

2022LaramieGT

Reaction score
I canceled my order last week because of all of the cluckerfuck that has been going on with production. I wanted to make sure 100% that the dealer is not going to receive my order, and turn it around and sell it to someone else. Lol.

I was able to find a 2021 ram rebe, and bought that instead.

2021 Ram Rebel
They are going to get it once it’s allocated. I messaged you

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score

I was able to find a 2021 ram rebel, and bought that instead.

2021 Ram Rebel
the dealer is still getting that truck.

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
the dealer is still getting that truck.
Trust me, I'm still tracking it on my side...to give them hell for it if it shows up on the lot.

But so far, everything shows that it's canceled.

2021 Ram Rebel

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Interesting chat today. Wanted to confirm that my ordered was canceled. Details are below, but interesting enough, orders aren't being processed on when they are ordered, only configuration.

We knew that with the great data information that eighty and triple_B have been provided us, but yikes, straight to my face that when you ordered, it doesn't matter anymore.

------------
Randy
You emailed Cara and advised that you had cancelled the order so Cara closed out the case.
2:21:47 PM
Me
Thank you Randy. i apprieciate your assistance. Can you at least forward this chat to a manager that confirm that there is an ordering issue and orders are not being processed. I know of several groups that are canceling their orders because of this massive delay. This is not a CHIP shortage issue, its a production\management issue.
2:23:46 PM
Randy
Orders are being processed but it goes by the configuration of the order as to when they move on Arod. But this will be read by Stellantis.
2:24:09 PM
Me
that was not clearly stated by dealers.
2:24:40 PM
orders placed by customers are under the impression that custom orders are prioritized, and first to be built.
2:25:24 PM
Randy
I do apologize that is how I have been informed as to how the ordering system works.

2021 Ram Rebel
So I'm going to call complete BS on everything that Ram Chat said. I happen to have a LOT of build sheets that are almost identical to the order I placed. If they built trucks "by configuration", then mine would have been included when they built these.
For example, just yesterday there were several Rebel build sheets produced (Rebel 12, Rebel Level 2, Tech Group, Comfort/Convenience Group, Advanced Safety Group, Night Edition, Pano sunroof, MFT, etc.). Oh and yeah, those Rebels (with VINs as high as 192xxx) have power folding mirrors. Whereas they went and deleted that from my order, and haven't even bothered to schedule it yet.

GNight22

Reaction score
has anyone heard what options are currently causing the delays? I have seen limiteds build that only are missing trailer tow package from what I order(June) and yet I am still in D with no timeframe….😭

AngelPhoenix

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So I'm going to call complete BS on everything that Ram Chat said. I happen to have a LOT of build sheets that are almost identical to the order I placed. If they built trucks "by configuration", then mine would have been included when they built these.
For example, just yesterday there were several Rebel build sheets produced (Rebel 12, Rebel Level 2, Tech Group, Comfort/Convenience Group, Advanced Safety Group, Night Edition, Pano sunroof, MFT, etc.). Oh and yeah, those Rebels (with VINs as high as 192xxx) have power folding mirrors. Whereas they went and deleted that from my order, and haven't even bothered to schedule it yet.
I'm obviously not actually crunching data, but I've been hanging around here a while and I've seen what appears to be quite a lot of people that ordered in May and June having all kinds of issues and/or getting stuck in D/D1 and even other statuses for inordinate amounts of time. Whereas most people who ordered in July/August and (for the most part) later are pretty much cruising. Something is not right.

Ramontario21

Reaction score
I just installed my BAK X4S this morning and it looks awesome, Love everything about it so far!
Is that one basically the same as the Bak Flip Mx4....because they both sit flush and really do look excellent! I will be putting an Mx4 whenever i get my truck...

Users who are viewing this thread