5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Start of 2022 Production.

aussie_ram

Reaction score
So excited about the trucks showing up and getting delivered.

Would love to create the first post of a picture thread...but I don't have a truck to post.

I could post my 2020 ram I traded in June just to start?

2022 Big Horn Back Country
6/14…order placed
6/24…D status and Vin

2016 Dodge Charger scat pack and my spouse 2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara

Good idea for a thread, let's make a "post 1 picture only of your new truck at delivery" thread ... would be cool to follow

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
To answer of few of your questions about the Rebel configuration problem - I don't specifically know "what" was so problematic about the combination. But here's a quote from the email that the factory sent to the rep, which was forwarded to the dealer, and then to me:
"A65 was removed and A75 added to this order. The order has AZ6, which is only available with A65. So, AZ6 needs to be removed from the order."

A65 is Rebel Level 2 (which I ordered). And apparently, the factory switched it to A75 (Rebel Level B). AZ6 is Rebel 12A, which doesn't work with the Rebel Level B (that wasn't even on my order when I placed it). So, the resolution was to remove AZ6 and switch to the Rebel 12 package (AZ5). When I inquired about this potential problem a month ago, it supposedly wasn't a problem. Somewhere in the past month - probably a few days ago - the factory tweaked up my order and broke it. And instead of ASKING me what I wanted them to do, they just tossed my order out.

Gracieboy

Reaction score
To answer of few of your questions about the Rebel configuration problem - I don't specifically know "what" was so problematic about the combination. But here's a quote from the email that the factory sent to the rep, which was forwarded to the dealer, and then to me:
"A65 was removed and A75 added to this order. The order has AZ6, which is only available with A65. So, AZ6 needs to be removed from the order."

A65 is Rebel Level 2 (which I ordered). And apparently, the factory switched it to A75 (Rebel Level B). AZ6 is Rebel 12A, which doesn't work with the Rebel Level B (that wasn't even on my order when I placed it). So, the resolution was to remove AZ6 and switch to the Rebel 12 package (AZ5). When I inquired about this potential problem a month ago, it supposedly wasn't a problem. Somewhere in the past month - probably a few days ago - the factory tweaked up my order and broke it. And instead of ASKING me what I wanted them to do, they just tossed my order out.
So what now? Reorder with a rush status hopefully

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score

I wonder how many other orders are like this out there.

everyone should be looking at their order.

AngelPhoenix

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Thaaaaaat's not cool. Wtf.

kenrs

Reaction score

Thanks for the info! Sounds like it was an issue with Rebel 12A which they dropped for 2022. Guessing my order is fine since I don’t have Rebel 12A - asked my dealer to check anyways. I will post back if there is any new information about this.

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
@Eighty sorry to hear man. That is some clusterfuck there.

I mean they changed other trims over with no problems...like in the limited.

So they couldn't automatically put you into the rebel 12 package (it basically breaks down to $1 for every extra wattage apline is 500w and hk is 900w.)?

2022 Big Horn Back Country
6/14…order placed
6/24…D status and Vin

2016 Dodge Charger scat pack and my spouse 2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
So they couldn't automatically put you into the rebel 12 package (it basically breaks down to $1 for every extra wattage apline is 500w and hk is 900w.)?
Apparently they won't "automatically" do anything to fix an order - only to break an order. I had specifically requested (in early September) to move it to the Rebel 12 - I said I'd pay the extra $500 for a stereo I don't want or need, if it would get my order moving. But rather than do it, they just said everything was fine.
Whatever, it is what it is now. It's supposed to be fixed now and getting fast-tracked into D1 (yeah, right, I'll believe it when I see it). But it looks like they're not including power folding mirrors with this Rebel Level B package...that's got me a bit ticked off, as it was originally included. And I don't know why it's not there, as it's obviously not a shortage on parts. I'm holding 18,554 build sheets with power folding mirrors - why did they drop it from mine?

RAM_Dog

Reaction score
numbers before me!! wow

Since there are no lease programs, you have to add the acquisition and other fees which adds over $300 a month. Add the fact that as of 10/1 the affiliate program is gone, I'm over $1100 a month to lease. The Sale Manager did say there are mid-month programs that do come out, so that is a hopeful option, but I only have until the 18th to make a decision of it ends up on the lot.

To finance, @ 1.9% for 72 months, is about $1000.

I'm paying about $550 a month now with a 10k a year 39 month lease.

Plus the MSRP went up $1200 from the time I got my VIN and POC with MSRP in June.

Until more of us end up in this situation, Ram isn't going to do anything for us this early, which is very unfortunate.
So, I am about to pull the trigger... But all these delays have caused me to rethink, but - I just saw this note and read that as of 10/1, the Affiliate program is gone.
I've been talking to my dealer several times over the last 2 weeks, and they continue to give me Affiliate pricing. Why is it said that the Affiliate price is gone?

Ramontario21

Reaction score
Apparently they won't "automatically" do anything to fix an order - only to break an order. I had specifically requested (in early September) to move it to the Rebel 12 - I said I'd pay the extra $500 for a stereo I don't want or need, if it would get my order moving. But rather than do it, they just said everything was fine.
Whatever, it is what it is now. It's supposed to be fixed now and getting fast-tracked into D1 (yeah, right, I'll believe it when I see it). But it looks like they're not including power folding mirrors with this Rebel Level B package...that's got me a bit ticked off, as it was originally included. And I don't know why it's not there, as it's obviously not a shortage on parts. I'm holding 18,554 build sheets with power folding mirrors - why did they drop it from mine?
As funny as it sounds i would be pissed if i couldnt get the power folding mirrors...thats the only way the truck will fit into my garage is with the folded mirrors...that simply doesnt make any sense at all....but i guess this whole journey has been made up of crazy twists ...one can only wonder what could be next.....

NOVA-Rebel

Reaction score
For anyone who is interested, I got a response on why my May 20th order was suddenly changed from D to BG. Turns out my Rebel 12A package (the 9-speaker system) doesn't work with the Rebel Level 2 package. So they're reaching out to the factory to try to change it to Rebel 12 (the HK speaker system). I tried to get them to change this a month ago when I heard that this was a problem, but the response was, "your truck will be built as ordered". I guess that was total BS, and now I've lost yet another month in getting on the schedule.
Crap I’m in the same boat as you. Guess I need to go yell at my dealer some.

n00ber

Reaction score
As funny as it sounds i would be pissed if i couldnt get the power folding mirrors...thats the only way the truck will fit into my garage is with the folded mirrors...that simply doesnt make any sense at all....but i guess this whole journey has been made up of crazy twists ...one can only wonder what could be next.....
should still be able to fold them...manually

rybozome

Reaction score
I see "Black Premium Power Mirrors (GUL)" under my Rebel Level B (A75) group. Are these the power folding mirrors? I found a super old listing of Chrysler sales codes from 2008 that has GUL listed as "Power Folding Heated Mirrors"??

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I see "Black Premium Power Mirrors (GUL)" under my Rebel Level B (A75) group. Are these the power folding mirrors? I found a super old listing of Chrysler sales codes from 2008 that has GUL listed as "Power Folding Heated Mirrors"??
Don’t know. The rep said they deleted folding mirrors. My old POC showed LER (power folding mirrors), my new one just says GUL power mirrors.

rybozome

Reaction score
Don’t know. The rep said they deleted folding mirrors. My old POC showed LER (power folding mirrors), my new one just says GUL power mirrors.
Yeah, interestingly, the old Chrysler sales code doc I posted has:
  • LER - Power Folding Mirrors
  • GUL - Power Folding Heated Mirrors
Crossing my fingers Level B has the power folding and it's just a weird labeling/sales code thing, but time will tell.

Users who are viewing this thread