5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Start of 2022 Production.

ManchuWarrior

Reaction score
but you probably want more per hour then management wants to pay
and don't tell me it's the union because these jobs are non-union
Well I do have bills to pay. Actually, my rate is comparable with the corporate world. I've worked at several large corporations before making the switch to consulting. I'm not making anything crazy like $200/hr. Maybe one day.... LOL! I wish!

The company I work for charges a hefty hourly rate, but I sure as heck don't make all that. They basically make $100/hr for every hour I work. Must be nice as owners as the company I work for doesn't provide much! We have to buy our own hardware, software (except Office), internet, electricity, etc.... owners have it made, but I knew this before joining. On the bright side, consultants are left alone, we don't have a boss. As long as the clients are happy that's all that matters. Only thing they care about is do we have enough billable hours. I don't report into anyone. No one manages my work other than the clients themselves. It's great!

cevans6318

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I had a dealer on face book tell me that they are receiving big horn night edition orders within 2 months of ordering, yet I am almost at 2 months with no build ETA. He claims customer orders take priority over dealer orders but I kind of feel it is the other way around. That is why I am still curious as to the build sheets posted each day, how many are customer builds vs dealer orders.

Highwayman

Reaction score
I'll be honest. I know no vehicle is 100% problem free, but I'll admit I'm a bit nervous about owning a Ram. It will be my first one. I'm normally a Toyota person and sold my Tacoma to get the Ram. I wanted to like the new Tundra, but I just can't. In my opinion Toyota blew it with the re-design. Granted my Tacoma had issues, but nothing major like engine problems, trucks shutting off, and some other major issues I see on these forums. Now I'm seeing a class action lawsuit about the Hemi's that was filed this month by 3 owners. Scares me a bit. I may be buying the extended warranty as well and I normally skip those.
This was me as well. I wanted to love the new Tundra. Seeing their reliability problems, and crazy markups, I figured I'd dive in to a Ram. Always loved the look of the Rebel and Toyota's new design doesn't even come close. I do think you get a super skewed view on FB and Forums though so I'm trying to be optimistic. I have friends who have owned Rams and never had issues, but they didn't go and post about their good experiences. :) It's also funny that when you watch the Toyota "Engineer" on youtube, he clearly likes the Rams better than the Tundra, but kinda feels like he has to go with the Toyota. Best of luck and may our engines never tick and rear windows never leak.

GunSm0ke

Reaction score
This was me as well. I wanted to love the new Tundra. Seeing their reliability problems, and crazy markups, I figured I'd dive in to a Ram. Always loved the look of the Rebel and Toyota's new design doesn't even come close. I do think you get a super skewed view on FB and Forums though so I'm trying to be optimistic. I have friends who have owned Rams and never had issues, but they didn't go and post about their good experiences. :) It's also funny that when you watch the Toyota "Engineer" on youtube, he clearly likes the Rams better than the Tundra, but kinda feels like he has to go with the Toyota. Best of luck and may our engines never tick and rear windows never leak.
I had a Tundra on order for 5 months. The week it was built, I cancelled and ordered a RAM. The Tundra is extremely lacking in even basic features such as tow hooks and 4WD Auto. It even has plastic skid plates, WTF!. RAM was never even on my radar until I test drove a Longhorn. Everything else sucks wind now and that's coming from an F150 King Ranch which used to be God's truck, lol. Unfortunately, RAM manufacturing system sucks hind tit, and they deleted my order without notifying me or the dealer. So here I wait since 2/14 and still in "D" Status. The Tundra I could have had may still be better than the Longhorn I may have one day, lol.

GunSm0ke

Reaction score
how did you find out the order was canceled?
I called my dealer for an update. I had an email from FCA with the VIN number. The dealer had no record of my order, said it was "deleted" from the system. FCA owned up to it and agreed to"expedite" my new order since it was their fault. Lot of good that did, as I'm still in "D" status after 14 weeks. At this point, I am a very unhappy customer.

cevans6318

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I called my dealer for an update. I had an email from FCA with the VIN number. The dealer had no record of my order, said it was "deleted" from the system. FCA owned up to it and agreed to"expedite" my new order since it was their fault. Lot of good that did, as I'm still in "D" status after 14 weeks. At this point, I am a very unhappy customer.
I Don't blame you. As I said before, I think if most people came on this forum and saw the **** that is going on with orders, they would either buy on the lot or order something else or not order at all. I still find it ridiculous that there is no real in depth tracking of your order, no details as to why your vehicle is still in the status it is in for months. With all the technology out there, we should get more info then we do.

OutdoorsmanBackcountry

Reaction score
I Don't blame you. As I said before, I think if most people came on this forum and saw the **** that is going on with orders, they would either buy on the lot or order something else or not order at all. I still find it ridiculous that there is no real in depth tracking of your order, no details as to why your vehicle is still in the status it is in for months. With all the technology out there, we should get more info then we do.
Meh whose doing it better? Ram is the best pickup truck builder (for the money) in human history.

cevans6318

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Meh whose doing it better? Ram is the best pickup truck builder (for the money) in human history.
We are not discussing who is the better truck builder, we are discussing their ****ty ordering process. I guarantee you there are multiple manufactures out there with a more streamlined ordering process. 3/4 of the members in here are in the dark regarding their orders. Whether it be members stuck in D status for 5-6 months to members sitting at 30 plus days with no window sticker after getting a build sheet to the members who received a window sticker 60 days ago and have no clue where their truck is or when it will arrive at the dealer.

Michigan_E

Reaction score
When I chatted with RAM earlier I this week, an estimated build date was unavailable. The best I got was the email that my truck has entered the production queue. There is a backlog of builds for all manufactures right now, and this isn’t isolated to RAM.

I shopped F150 and RAM before ordering, and Ford could offer no timeline for a build either.

JPM1

Reaction score
My truck arrives on Jan 2nd! I order my limited with all options checked on 4/20 and it will be here on 6/2. I am getting excited! Good luck to all who still have their truck on order!

cevans6318

Ram Guru
Reaction score
When I chatted with RAM earlier I this week, an estimated build date was unavailable. The best I got was the email that my truck has entered the production queue. There is a backlog of builds for all manufactures right now, and this isn’t isolated to RAM.

I shopped F150 and RAM before ordering, and Ford could offer no timeline for a build either.
I just spoke to ram chat, they said only my dealer will have the ETA for the build. Just show its scheduled for production.

Users who are viewing this thread