5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Start of 2022 Production.

triple_B

Ram Guru
Reaction score

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score

Andy1391

Reaction score

dsbull

Reaction score
i am happy for people that getting their trucks,. but how is this fair, i am in 149 and i see trucks being build in 70000 and 80000 range. soo frustrating.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
all 4X4 except 118216 would not load.
Not sure what the rub is here - you keep mentioning 4x4 vs. 4x2.
They've built 26.0% of the 4x4's ordered
They've built 24.9% of the 4x2's ordered
Those statistics are pretty close. They're not "favoring" 4x4's in production, except to the extent that almost 84% of the trucks ordered are 4x4.

GeorgiaBoy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
i am happy for people that getting their trucks,. but how is this fair, i am in 149 and i see trucks being build in 70000 and 80000 range. soo frustrating.
Agree with happy with forks getting trucks. Frustrating......try being in the 112 range!

Ramontario21

Reaction score
I wish we knew the process for building these trucks....in my case i have noticed that i have the highest vin for the SPORT trim...so if all those get built before mine than it would make some sense...even though i ordered my original 21 way back in march my dealer dropped the ball and didnt get me switched over to 22 until late August.....and that was after i had to plead for an update and bypass the sales associate and go right to the manager....again so frustrating....the only thing that keeps me sane is coming back here to read that someone else got their truck...its bittersweet but i do see a light at the end of the tunnel....big thanks to Eighty and Triple B for the work you do.....keeps things interesting to say the least....

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It sucks you know what that later vins are getting build,, but we just have to sit tight..

Can you imagine how eighty feels. He runs through these reports as well, hoping that his name is called, and he is early on the list as well.

2022 Big Horn Back Country
6/14…order placed
6/24…D status and Vin

2016 Dodge Charger scat pack and my spouse 2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
Not sure what the rub is here - you keep mentioning 4x4 vs. 4x2.
They've built 26.0% of the 4x4's ordered
They've built 24.9% of the 4x2's ordered
Those statistics are pretty close. They're not "favoring" 4x4's in production, except to the extent that almost 84% of the trucks ordered are 4x4.
come on it has to rub you also being passed over.
my truck does not have anything fancy and yet gets passed over.

stats mean nothing when you are passed over!!

Mr_662

Reaction score
So my dealer gave me a ship date of last Weds, but that came and went with no window sticker. I asked for an update and let him know I came very close to panic purchasing a 2500 Megacab. His response was that the ship date is now 10/22, but the district rep said it should ship by the end of this week, and the holdup is the micro chips. Hopefully that helps the other's in build/window sticker purgatory too. 🤞

PCHokie

Reaction score
So my dealer gave me a ship date of last Weds, but that came and went with no window sticker. I asked for an update and let him know I came very close to panic purchasing a 2500 Megacab. His response was that the ship date is now 10/22, but the district rep said it should ship by the end of this week, and the holdup is the micro chips. Hopefully that helps the other's in build/window sticker purgatory too. 🤞
Yeah, if the Wagoneer gets to my dealership before I get a Window Sticker. I am just rolling my deposit over to that and paying MSRP.

AMS Guru

AMS Guru, Ram Guru-ish
Reaction score
VINs in the 70000 and 80000 range. **** this.
Press your dealer for answers. There's a small pile of reasons for "delays" in orders that may not make sense to most of us. Supplier/chip shortages, logistics (having "x" amount of trucks to ship to a given location), or possibly a mistake in the order itself that needs corrected or attention brought to it.

I was informed from a Stellantis corporate employee that part of my trucks "delay" was related to trying to fulfill my desire to have the TTPMS included in my Trailer Tow Package. I had been vocal to my dealer (who got the area sales rep involved), RamChat, and a contact I have with someone at corporate. As of this morning, the supplier constraint on the components needed for TTPMS have been acquired and so I will get a complete build. (Which I'm ECSTATIC about!!)

Yes, there may be some "dealer politics" involved with some of the prioritization on order completion, but for the most part I feel Stellantis is doing a stellar job of trying to keep the Ram and Jeep brands moving along with chips and supplies better than the competition. This includes not partially completing a build and then parking the vehicle in a parking lot of months waiting on the "final part".

I'll be the first to admit I'm NOT a patient person when wanting something (I'm an instant gratification guy) and I'm going through my entire fall harvest support season without a truck at all. Part of my trade deal to maintain trade value and not muddy the waters was to hand over the fobs to the 2020 I traded in back in end of July. I've been driving our "family beater" Mercury Mariner and I'm praying it will keep going for another month or so until my new truck arrives as it is starting to display multiple issues.

I know some of you have been waiting MUCH LONGER than I am/have, but we're all in this "waiting game" together.

Everyone have a great day!!

Users who are viewing this thread