5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Start of 2022 Production.

1.21gigawatts

7-Stringer
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah, seems like after it passes inspections is when they publish it...

And i just looked up my 3rd gen by VIN and it says 12,000lbs WITH weight distribution hitch. and thats a cummins 600... 305HP, 555lb-ft and a 4:10 axle ratio. 🤯kooky.

TSL

Reaction score
Speaking of payload as some you were recently, here's mine ( just got WS on 2/12 and it shows up on the Payload lookup today ).
Was hoping for a bit more, but this isn't too bad compared to some.
Still trying to wrap my head around how my wife's 2015 Toyota Highlander has 1400-ish on the payload sticker and this truck which is so much beefier in every way has less !
1644876510671.png

testcrewman

Reaction score
Thank you!

I actually just heard from my dealer. ESD was today and has now pushed to 2/18.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My ESD has already been pushed twice. I was expecting it considering the issues that the plant has been having. At least the blockade is over with. Let's hope the supply issue has been resolved.

triple_B

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Of all trucks built to date

Current Max Tow is 11990lb (Payload of 1890) On a Bighorn and they have built
Current Max Payload is 2320 (Towing of 8120) On a V6 Tradesman

Minimums are
Tow: 6192
Payload: 928 ???

There are currently 588 trucks with payload of less than 1000 lbs. They all seat 5, but we will say 4 comfortably. You put 4 grown men in the truck and you are at capacity forget anything in the bed or even on a trailer because you have no tongue weight left??

SeriesQty
Longhorn
27​
Laramie
38​
Rebel
87​
Limited
154​
TRX
282​

New1500customram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
OK, my truck was built last week, I don't think I have a window sticker yet? at least not that i can find. although i got a weird email from Chrysler about my Uconnect, have others gotten this? RAMchat said I'm waiting on a inspection but i don't put a lot into that. does anyone else have insight into this?

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score

Minimums are

There are currently 588 trucks with payload of less than 1000 lbs. They all seat 5, but we will say 4 comfortably. You put 4 grown men in the truck and you are at capacity forget anything in the bed or even on a trailer because you have no tongue weight left??

SeriesQty
Longhorn
27​
Laramie
38​
Rebel
87​
Limited
154​
TRX
282​
I guess those TRX’s had tire carriers, Rambars, and the big-*** trailer mirrors, huh?

Duckfan1967

Reaction score
That would be exceptionally
That would be exceptionally quick.
Dealership (MD) just emailed me that I hit the jackpot and my truck is scheduled to build 2/20. That’s 10 days after ordering….crazy! I feel for those that have been waiting a long long time though, something’s not right with that.

monkeypunch

Reaction score

Minimums are

SeriesQty
Longhorn
27​
Laramie
38​
Rebel
87​
Limited
154​
TRX
282​
Weight is like age. It's just a number!!

Hawaiian_Built

Reaction score
First time orderer. When I started researching/building my Laramie, I went off the following information
Payload1.JPG

I looked up my VIN and almost cried. I had NO IDEA adding options would drop my payload so low???
I have the following options:
5.7L V8 HEMI MDS VVT eTorque Engine
8-Spd Auto 8HP75 Trans
33 Gallon Fuel Tank
3.92 Rear Axle Ratio
Laramie Level 2 Equipment Group
Off Road Group
Night Edition
Bed Utility Group
No idea what options I added to drop the Payload so much. It should be delivered any day now and I'm not sure if I want it anymore. I'm disgusted right now....
Payload.JPG

Last edited:

monkeypunch

Reaction score
First time orderer. When I started researching/building my Laramie, I went off the following information
View attachment 120604

I looked up my VIN and almost cried. I had NO IDEA adding options would drop my payload so low???
8-Spd Auto 8HP75 Trans
33 Gallon Fuel Tank
3.92 Rear Axle Ratio
Off Road Group
Night Edition
Bed Utility Group
No idea what options I added to drop the Payload so much. It should be delivered any day now and I'm not sure if I want it anymore. I'm disgusted right now....
View attachment 120601
Yeah there are a couple of threads on here that discuss payload and towing. They are excellent resources for anyone looking at buying a RAM with the intent to use it as an actual truck.

1.21gigawatts

7-Stringer
Site Supporter
Reaction score
View attachment 120604

8-Spd Auto 8HP75 Trans
33 Gallon Fuel Tank
3.92 Rear Axle Ratio
Off Road Group
Night Edition
Bed Utility Group
View attachment 120601
it's those damn front seat back map pockets.

Users who are viewing this thread