5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Start of 2022 Production.

OleNavyMane

Reaction score
Found 872 Window Stickers tonight. 6 more forum members with trucks on the way! Congratulations to @Teddy, @rcashman, @stubby, @Kevkev, @rbdennis, @boxztrs99

VINBSWSBStoWSSTATECOLORSERIES
119073 @TeddyXX
1​
TexasWalnutLonghorn
121249 @rcashmanXX
3​
FloridaPatriotLonghorn
168128 @stubbyXX
3​
MassachusettsPatriotLimited
227413 @KevkevXX
1​
LouisianaWhiteLaramie
229805 @rbdennisXX
3​
FloridaBlackLimited
246853 @boxztrs99XX
2​
LouisianaRedRebel
Thank you triple_B. Does this mean that the truck is built and ready to ship?

n8zcc

Reaction score
I had a similar experience with Lexus. The wife wanted a new car, so we ordered through Lexus. Everything was easy, they did exactly what they said they would, and they delivered early. And the whole process was incredibly quick. Great communication the whole time. If they can do it, why can’t Stellantis?
In all fairness, RAM had outstanding communication with me when I ordered my 2015 3500. From the date of order to the day the 3500 was in my driveway, 6 weeks and 5 days. Like your Lexus order, this was well before COVID, supply chain issues, and worker shortages.

I'm not making any excuses but I worked in automotive most of my career and I know how it all works. No one expected a pandemic and there simply is not any infrastructure in place to mitigate all the issues including what we see, customer communications.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I had a similar experience with Lexus. The wife wanted a new car, so we ordered through Lexus. Everything was easy, they did exactly what they said they would, and they delivered early. And the whole process was incredibly quick. Great communication the whole time. If they can do it, why can’t Stellantis?
Lexus is a Toyota brand, and they don't take custom orders. You may order your exact build from the dealer, but they don't go to the factory and ask for it to be built that way. They go to the inventory system and see where a build like that is (or when one like it will come out of the factory). So it's not an apples-to-apples comparison. Locating and shipping a car - that is already built - is much different than building a car to an exact specification.

Last edited:

rossn2

Reaction score
1210E2D5-8296-4ECE-9FC8-1CE1E531B7B0.jpeg 2022 Ram 1500 Bighorn, 4x4, V6 etorque, 3.55 LS rear arrived.. got it at 1% under invoice, plus all rebates thanks to this forum. This is not the truck I ordered last June lol..and, oh the foam door inserts I swapped from my 19 Ram, along with the side steps-bars..

KWKSLVR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm not sure what chips run what and what they are short on, but the Advanced Safety Group just got added back to the Laramie. So they must be getting certain chips that allow them to add these features back to the orders. That was one of the reasons I canceled my original order and ordered a new one this week.
It's not specific "chips". It's shortages on the stuff that microchips are made from and unfortunately a modern vehicle has hundreds of them in it.

myownstatus

Reaction score
So I noticed when I took delivery, the dealer gave me the keys with the vehicle shipping order.

At the bottom of the order it says HOT VEHICLE

Has anyone seen this if the report was provided to you?

6bfc25effc3e99ce2c3cc61e54f51456.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
The one (so far) I have talked to, said 6 months for a TRX (which is what I REALLY want) or 6-8 weeks for a Laramie
6 months is not true for a TRX, unless you're taking a dealer-stock order. The true wait times are no different for a TRX than they are for other DT trucks. Anywhere from 7 months+ to 2 weeks.

MarPar

Takes a MoPar to catch a MoPar
Reaction score
6 months is not true for a TRX, unless you're taking a dealer-stock order. The true wait times are no different for a TRX than they are for other DT trucks. Anywhere from 7 months+ to 2 weeks.

Sheesh. I may just have to pick something off of the lot when my lease ends.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Sheesh. I may just have to pick something off of the lot when my lease ends.
As an example, there have been 268 TRX's produced with VINs that were issued after 12/1/21 (i.e., less than two months old). Six of those are January VINs.

mamasprig

Reaction score
I was surprised by a call from my dealer telling me that my build is scheduled for 2/12. My initial thought was that I wasn't going to hold my breath because I had checked in with Ram Chat yesterday and got the same old waiting for parts answer, but decided to try again today and all the parts are gathered. It's actually happening! Someday soon I'll actually see my name pop up with a BS and WS! It will be at least 7 months from the time I ordered, but finally!

MarPar

Reaction score
As an example, there have been 268 TRX's produced with VINs that were issued after 12/1/21 (i.e., less than two months old). Six of those are January VINs.

If I have been reading it right, first is the VIN, then the BS and lastly the WS?

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
If I have been reading it right, first is the VIN, then the BS and lastly the WS?
Yes. The VIN is issued when the factory accepts the order. The BS is issued after the truck comes off the production line. The WS is issued after the truck passes final inspection and is invoiced to the dealer (i.e., it's released for shipping).

M02v8r

Reaction score
Correct. You should get the VIN a few days after ordering. Then the Build Sheet (BS) will be available when it is built. In another 2 - 3 days the Window Sticker (WS) should become available. Of course those are estimates, things can change and issues come up changing those timelines.

The VIN is what you need to track the status of the build.

MarPar

Reaction score
Gotcha. Thank you for bearing with this RAM noob :).

Im sure ill have a lot more questions before I actually order.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/