5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Start of 2022 Production.

jorzed

Reaction score
Spoke with my dealer today and my truck is showing D1 status with an estimated ship date of 1/24. Although he said don’t hold your breath for the ship date, fingers crossed it keeps moving along in the process!

Mathis35

Reaction score
Spoke with my dealer today and my truck is showing D1 status with an estimated ship date of 1/24. Although he said don’t hold your breath for the ship date, fingers crossed it keeps moving along in the process!
Esd isn't the ship to dealer date, it's the build date (comes off the line and is "shipped" from the factory to the body vendor). But if all goes well you should see a windows sticker a few days after that.

jorzed

Reaction score
Esd isn't the ship to dealer date, it's the build date (comes off the line and is "shipped" from the factory to the body vendor). But if all goes well you should see a windows sticker a few days after that.
Oh ok good to know, thanks a lot I appreciate that. I feel like it either got ordered at the right time or it’s moving right along in the process. I see some guys have been waiting months and months, I feel fortunate to be in D1 already. Or is that timing about right? I’m not really sure this is my first ever new truck order.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Oh ok good to know, thanks a lot I appreciate that. I feel like it either got ordered at the right time or it’s moving right along in the process. I see some guys have been waiting months and months, I feel fortunate to be in D1 already. Or is that timing about right? I’m not really sure this is my first ever new truck order.
I would hazard to say that you are extremely lucky. Ordered on 12/28, and you’re already on the schedule.

Pi Esq.

Reaction score
So, my dealer finally got back to me with an update. He's been unable to get any answers from anyone at Stellantis. He said that my order doesn't have any unusual flags that should prevent it from being manufactured, but nobody has been able to give him a reason as to why it hasn't been built yet. He's a huge volume dealer and he said I'm the only Ram order he has below 210xxx that hasn't been built, and the next oldest special order he has that hasn't moved to D1 is for a Challenger Widebody Scat Back that was ordered at the end of September.

He said that he's pressing his rep to find out if they can fast-track a new order for me if I decide to go that route. Given that I sold my other truck expecting to have this new truck already, I'm going into truck withdrawal. I have a reservation for the Sierra Denali Ultimate, but given that GMC is barely giving out allocations to dealers (I know a guy who was literally one of the first people to make a reservation and he still hasn't been given an allocation), I don't know that I can wait for one. I spoke with a local volume Ford dealer and they claim that, if I place an order for a 2022 F150, I'll get it within 6 to 10 weeks. Of course, I don't believe them, but I told my Ram dealer that I'm going to place an order with Ford and I'm going to buy whichever vehicle comes first, be it my current Ram order, a new Ram order if he can get confirmation they'll fast-track it, or the F150.

I guess we'll see what happens, but it's all a damn clustertruck. And while I know the industry has been affected by the crapshow that has been ongoing for the past two years, it doesn't have to be this bad. I'll give quick shout out to Lexus on this point. My wife wanted a new vehicle, and decided on a new Lexus. We went to the dealer, who didn't have any on the lot. We placed an order, and, not only did they do everything right, it was delivered early. So, if they can figure it out, all other dealers should be able to do so, as well.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Well my first truck was delivered today. Too bad things didn't work out with that dealer. Now hopefully things will move along with the next. View attachment 116588
I wasn’t…expecting…those nails. Shame on me for making assumptions about what kind of nails you would have.

Pjsant26

Reaction score
Mine was delivered to closest rail yard and unloaded. Its 40 mins from me and my dealer. I asked my sales rep to go pick it up but he wont bite. Haha

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk
Haha. Yup. I’m sure we are both down in Twin Oaks. My salesman’s only day off is tomorrow. Fingers crossed they deliver it tomorrow and get it prepped so I can take delivery on Wednesday. That will take a miracle though. Hopefully you will have yours this week too.

myownstatus

Reaction score
I just got a BS today. Think I’m still 30 days from dealer? Asking because of the tread lightly window.
I got my WS on the 30 I think and that same day the truck was transferred to the railyard. The info that @Eighty and @triple_B post from WS to LOT is pretty accurate. I am well within my window of 22 days to FL.

Your signature say IA, so the file says 16.3 days, so maybe at the end of the month.

Xchief

Reaction score
When you say things didn’t work out with the dealer what do you mean? Was there a price issue etc?
Definitely a price issue. Maybe my fault for not getting anything in writing but we agreed below MSRP and when the WS came out higher than the original POC the sales manager said they are selling for $5k over MSRP and I'm getting a deal AT MSRP! I ended up getting my deposit back and ordering a new truck from Craig at Koons CJDR for 6% under invoice.

Johnsonroda27

Reaction score
Haha. Yup. I’m sure we are both down in Twin Oaks. My salesman’s only day off is tomorrow. Fingers crossed they deliver it tomorrow and get it prepped so I can take delivery on Wednesday. That will take a miracle though. Hopefully you will have yours this week too.
Yup, twin oaks. Its only 40 mins from me. Sucks.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Maccam

Reaction score
I contacted Ram chat today and received the following response when I asked for an update on my build: “ I can see all the required materials for your order have been gathered and the plant has sequenced your order for production, it should be entering the build very soon! I do not see a shipping ETA, I recommend contacting us in a week for a better update.” Does anyone have any insight or experience of what this may mean or where on the process it puts my build? Thanks everyone!
Sounds like your right around the corner,order date 12-28,thats fast

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online