5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Start of 2022 Production.

Itsslow98

Reaction score
Some additional info on today's 1,179 build sheets:

View attachment 112049

View attachment 112051

Additional stats:
  • 21 trucks with Premium Lighting Group
  • 116 trucks with Air Suspension
  • 176 trucks with Blind Spot and Cross Path Detection
  • 2 trucks with Blue Shade (212987 and 213041).
  • 41 trucks with Hydro Blue
  • 409 trucks with eTorque
  • 32 trucks with Advanced Safety Group (21 TRX's and 11 Rebels)
  • 53 Rebels with Rebel Level 2, 52 Rebels with Rebel Level B, 21 Rebels with Rebel Level A, 28 Rebels with Rebel Level 1. Meaning there's 1 Rebel with none of the above.
  • 3 Laramie Level 2, 101 Laramie Level B, 76 Laramie Level A, 12 Laramie Level 1. Leaving 38 with none of the above.
  • 192 Big Horn Level 2, 148 Big Horn Level B, 63 Big Horn Level A, 143 Big Horn Level 1. Leaving 6 with none of the above.
  • 36 Limited Level 1, leaving 51 without.
  • 31 TRX Level 2, 3 TRX Level 1. No base models.
How many backcountries now? My truck will have to be 1 of under 20 backcountries to be built with premium lighting and air suspension.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score

BornTooLate

Reaction score
my journey ends today at 4pm . and i just want to thank everyone for a place to vent and a place to laugh, learn and yes maybe even love. okay the last one is a little too far. . and big thanks to Eighty and triple_B for their work to keep us informed. Hope everyone gets their truck sooner than later . especially those that ordered '21 and got flipped. it's BS you've had to wait this long and watch greenhorns get theirs before you. they say "life's not fair" and it's not . like truly it is like the opposite of fair . But when you are finally sitting in your truck, touching that touchscreen and wondering whether you should just leave it in 4x4 auto . stop , look around the cab and then say," F&^k YOU LIFE I GOT MY F*&KING TRUCK!!!!

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
With Thanksgiving tomorrow, I just want to say thanks to all of you...especially @triple_B and @Eighty for all of their hard work. I most likely won't be on much tomorrow because I'm cooking, but I will be keeping an eye on black Friday goodies for my Rebel.

I'm super glad that most of the early orders are getting built and shipped out even though some of you waited several months. As some of you know, I gave up on my order and found something on the lot. But this Thanksgiving, I'm thankful for being in this group and getting to know some of you.

2021 Ram Rebel
2016 Dodge Charger scat pack
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
On a whim, I decided to do a deep dive on the Rebel Level 2 vs. Rebel Level B thing. Just to see if there is any pattern to why they're doing this. Here's what I found.

This graph represents the total volume of builds that have either "Rebel Level 2" or "Rebel Level B" packages. It's arranged by VIN group. There are a few interesting clues here. The 100-115 groups are mostly Level 2 (with a few having been converted). It's obvious that those were converted because this silly B package didn't exist back then. But then things start to transition into the B's, with 128-150 being predominantly B. Then it flips back to Level 2 from ~150-170. Then it's a mix. And starting around 200, it is almost all Level B again.

But here's what I don't understand. At no point did they "stop" making Level 2's. Nor did they "stop" issuing Level 2 packages. Even up in the 212 and 215 groups, there are still some Level 2's. So what exactly is the logic and/or purpose? Why are they simultaneously taking orders for both (and building both)? Do certain dealers have access to one package and not the other? This just doesn't make sense to me.

1637786890894.png

In case anyone is wondering if it's a "timeline" issue, and not a VIN group issue, here are the builds by date. My date-stamps aren't accurate prior to 10/12, so I excluded those for this exercise.
Still doesn't make any sense.
1637787336133.png

JDK6653

Reaction score
On a whim, I decided to do a deep dive on the Rebel Level 2 vs. Rebel Level B thing. Just to see if there is any pattern to why they're doing this. Here's what I found.

This graph represents the total volume of builds that have either "Rebel Level 2" or "Rebel Level B" packages. It's arranged by VIN group. There are a few interesting clues here. The 100-115 groups are mostly Level 2 (with a few having been converted). It's obvious that those were converted because this silly B package didn't exist back then. But then things start to transition into the B's, with 128-150 being predominantly B. Then it flips back to Level 2 from ~150-170. Then it's a mix. And starting around 200, it is almost all Level B again.

But here's what I don't understand. At no point did they "stop" making Level 2's. Nor did they "stop" issuing Level 2 packages. Even up in the 212 and 215 groups, there are still some Level 2's. So what exactly is the logic and/or purpose? Why are they simultaneously taking orders for both (and building both)? Do certain dealers have access to one package and not the other? This just doesn't make sense to me.

View attachment 112104

In case anyone is wondering if it's a "timeline" issue, and not a VIN group issue, here are the builds by date. My date-stamps aren't accurate prior to 10/12, so I excluded those for this exercise.
Still doesn't make any sense.
View attachment 112112
I ordered my 2022 Rebel on 11/3 and Level 2 was no an option at all.

KWKSLVR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Pish, at least you guys got "unique" emails. This is all mine said. My December 6th start date is clearly a pipe dream and at this point I'm about to just walk myself down the street to Driver's Way and pick up a Rebel off their lot.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211124-151123.png
    Screenshot_20211124-151123.png
    338.5 KB · Views: 39

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I ordered my 2022 Rebel on 11/3 and Level 2 was no an option at all.
Exactly my point. You have VIN 214613. I (re)ordered on 11/8 with VIN 215271, and Level 2 wasn't an option for me either. Yet here I sit, staring at 4 build sheets between our VINs, and those have Level 2.

Clemzhemi

Reaction score
I’m a 156 and I got level 2. I know they had some mixups I had to clear up on ordering when there was a changeover in the options and whatnot. I called fca today and they said it’s being built in production and my dealer says d1 and that it’s not. 🤷🏼‍♂️

Ramontario21

Reaction score
my journey ends today at 4pm . and i just want to thank everyone for a place to vent and a place to laugh, learn and yes maybe even love. okay the last one is a little too far. . and big thanks to Eighty and triple_B for their work to keep us informed. Hope everyone gets their truck sooner than later . especially those that ordered '21 and got flipped. it's BS you've had to wait this long and watch greenhorns get theirs before you. they say "life's not fair" and it's not . like truly it is like the opposite of fair . But when you are finally sitting in your truck, touching that touchscreen and wondering whether you should just leave it in 4x4 auto . stop , look around the cab and then say," F&^k YOU LIFE I GOT MY F*&KING TRUCK!!!!
Well said … it is members like you that help us the rest of us have faith in the process… thanks…

JDK6653

Reaction score
Do we know what exactly the difference is between power folding mirrors and black power premium mirrors?

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Do we know what exactly the difference is between power folding mirrors and black power premium mirrors?
I can't personally attest to having held each one in my hands. But it is my understanding that "power mirrors" are just power-adjustable mirrors. "Power folding mirrors" actually fold up electronically.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score

Bigbags85

Reaction score
My dealer just said that his rep said there are a lot of RAMs and Wagoneers spending extra time in "I" status but wouldn't give him particulars.

Users who are viewing this thread