5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

STAR CASE opened on odd gauge issue

Ruger

Reaction score
Hello, Im trying to find out if anyone has had this issue or know of it happening. I have a 23 ECO 4x4 with ORP and 12" touch screen and the older style gauge cluster. The truck runs great, here is the problem. If you go to the "Off Road Page" in the touch screen (the one that shows all your digital gauges on one page) my temp gauge (engine coolant temp) is blank but all the other gauges read correctly. Now on my instrument cluster the engine coolant gauge reads and works as it should.

I brought it up to the dealership and they reset the radio and it worked fine. Went home parked it for the night. Woke up the next day, warmed up the truck and checked the off road page and the coolant temp was blank again.

Took it back to dealership a 2nd time. The tech opened a Star case because they couldn't figure it out. They had it for three days and said they have to order and replace the radio. Waited 3 weeks for radio to arrive.

Back to the dealership a 3rd time. They replaced the radio and tested it out and they said everything was fixed. Couldn't get to the dealership until late the next day. Started the truck to warm it up and the coolant gauge on the Off Road Page was blank again. Drove it a bit and let the engine warm up to operating temp. The instrument cluster said engine temp 203, off road page temp was blank. went right back to dealership. They have my truck now once again. They are still working under the original start case.

3/24/23 Got an update from dealership today. They said they will need my truck for awhile still, to run test and download a bunch of info and logs. They also stated that this is a known problem and that they (Ram) don't know why it's happening.

Has anyone had this problem or heard of it happening? Any info would be great. Also I have no issues with my dealership. They've been on top of it from the beginning and even gave me a loaner without.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Hello, Im trying to find out if anyone has had this issue or know of it happening. I have a 23 ECO 4x4 with ORP and 12" touch screen and the older style gauge cluster. The truck runs great, here is the problem. If you go to the "Off Road Page" in the touch screen (the one that shows all your digital gauges on one page) my temp gauge (engine coolant temp) is blank but all the other gauges read correctly. Now on my instrument cluster the engine coolant gauge reads and works as it should.

I brought it up to the dealership and they reset the radio and it worked fine. Went home parked it for the night. Woke up the next day, warmed up the truck and checked the off road page and the coolant temp was blank again.

Took it back to dealership a 2nd time. The tech opened a Star case because they couldn't figure it out. They had it for three days and said they have to order and replace the radio. Waited 3 weeks for radio to arrive.

Back to the dealership a 3rd time. They replaced the radio and tested it out and they said everything was fixed. Couldn't get to the dealership until late the next day. Started the truck to warm it up and the coolant gauge on the Off Road Page was blank again. Drove it a bit and let the engine warm up to operating temp. The instrument cluster said engine temp 203, off road page temp was blank. went right back to dealership. They have my truck now once again. They are still working under the original start case.

3/24/23 Got an update from dealership today. They said they will need my truck for awhile still, to run test and download a bunch of info and logs. They also stated that this is a known problem and that they (Ram) don't know why it's happening.

Has anyone had this problem or heard of it happening? Any info would be great. Also I have no issues with my dealership. They've been on top of it from the beginning and even gave me a loaner without.
It sucks they've had your truck so long. Personally, I'd just live with it until Ran comes up with a solution, if it's a known issue, and get your truck back from the dealer and drive it. Not having coolant readout on the off-road pages isn't really an issue worth not having my truck over. As long as the PCM is readinf correct temp to adjust timing and fuel, a d the main readout in guage cluster is working

Barbarian

Reaction score
I have a 2022 Limited with the same problem. Never worked from day 1 then I received an update it worked for a bit then nothing. Have not taken it in for this problem yet.

Bigbags85

Reaction score
Mine did the same thing for the first 8ish months that I had the truck and then randomly started working and has continued to work. Sometimes though my whole screen freezes when I first turn the truck on and blares an obnoxious sound for 10secs then reboots itself.

Barbarian

Reaction score
Ok so I did a Factory Reset yesterday as a last resort before takeing it to the dealer and all gages are working. You lose all settings so a bit of a pain but its working.

Belvedere

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I've had similar issues and just gave up. Everything worked great when I bought the truck. Then radio updated and I lost a gauge, then radio updated and gauge came back, but lost a different gauge, then radio updated and gauge came back, but lost weather app... now I just deal with an occasional blank screen that eventually goes away after four or five engine off/on cycles.

Ruger

Reaction score
Update on the issue.
They are currently working on a new update that is supposed to fix this issue. It’s in the programming somewhere from what they tell me. I have to take my truck back in a couple of weeks for an unrelated parts issue. At which time they will continue with the star case and to work with Ram engineers to correct this problem.

Users who are viewing this thread