5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Star case 12 nav

lsteele

Reaction score
New 19 ram under star case and engineering only texts dealer once a day. Truck has been at Dealer one week and last question from engineering was how often does it happen Really that's the days question after the truck has been down a week and in five times for this problem. Called Corp and started lemon law case. What BS.

bmarcurella

Reaction score
We are all having this issue with our new 2019 Ram's. The software on the Uconnect 12.1 is flawed and causing all sorts of odd issues. Please see my post for updates on bugs as I am working with Uconnect and FCA corporate to get this resolved.

Neokane

Reaction score
I've had my truck to the dealer, and they just keep saying there is an update coming.

Neokane

Reaction score
They just came out with an update in May. I bet one won’t be out until October or November.

Ha, their update from may was the same software version on I already had from 1/22 build date
I was told "2nd quarter".. must mean 2020

duke2001

Ram Guru
Reaction score
We are all having this issue with our new 2019 Ram's. The software on the Uconnect 12.1 is flawed and causing all sorts of odd issues. Please see my post for updates on bugs as I am working with Uconnect and FCA corporate to get this resolved.
"We all are having this issue"......I sure you meant to say "several or many" but "We all" encompasses all 2019 Rams sold with 12.1 inch screen. Mine works perfectly, no issues at all.

Txmade

Reaction score
I was one that was thankful that I wasn’t one of the ones having issues , well that is not the case any more. I have been having issues mainly with car play working the freezing, then the the radio portion becomes unresponsive, I can still change climate, access back-up camera, but nav is just a black screen and the radio won’t do anything. Have to turn off truck for about 5 min then it’s fine again.

Today I was stuck on a XM channel and it would do anything when I tried changing the station, it just stayed on the one station. The other day I had a 20 min ride in silence because the unit froze. I’m starting to get very upset at the performance .

Lkg

Reaction score
My 2019 ram with 12 inch uconnect is in the shop again for this issue. Dealer has opened a STAR case. This is beyond frustrating

Mikemarshallau

Reaction score
My 2019 ram with 12 inch uconnect is in the shop again for this issue. Dealer has opened a STAR case. This is beyond frustrating
I had trouble with my system for 14 months
They finally replaced the whole display in Jan/feb
I still see some of the same issues and i have not been driving my truck anywhere near as much as normal to see if there is actually any difference
Keep pushing them and maybe you get lucky with a replacement (many users report no issues many report issues)
I did get the latest OTA SW update a few weeks back but have not been driving enough to see if that made a difference
good luck

Lkg

Reaction score
Evidently it’s a known issue for a iPhone 11 Pro with IOS 13.1-13.4 for the 2019 ram 12 inch uconnect system. Apple needs to fix the IOS Fiat Chrysler asked the dealer to do a hard reset of the radio. Got to take it back Monday for the dealer to do the hard reset and collect some data to send to Apple to assist in rectifying this issue.

Mr. Chow

Just Happy to Be Here!!
Reaction score
So I just got told I will need to pay for an update the dealership never did. My truck is outside of 3/36. My current software is 18.27.17 with my EQ 3.4. Essential won't receive OTA pushes. Always serviced at a Ram dealership. Now I get to pay for the update. WTF. Just got off the phone with Uconnect and they said the dealership has a right to charge since it is out of warranty. Guess I'm sticking with old software.

Users who are viewing this thread