5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Standard rear differential. Anyone have standard diff and really miss the anti slip diff?

Biga

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My two Rams have had the limited slip, helps the most when driving in 2wd on wet roads and being able to pull out into fast moving traffic, once in 4wd their is not much if any difference. I had the brake limited slip on another vehicle and it was easy to overpower and if you could get the brake to catch the spinning wheel thier was a good few second delay. That said Rams BLDS might function better.

TheWaterman83

Reaction score
I have a Rebel, thus I have the E-locker. Wet pavement is where I miss it most. Having a true RW bias, 4x4 truck, I do spin the tires coming off traffic lights in the rain sometimes. The traction control seems to be rather ineffective.

I'm very torn on whether I like the true RW bias/4x4 vs an auto 4WD or AWD. I grew up on true selectable 4x4's. It wasn't till I owned two Jeep GC's where the AWD really shined. Part of me likes being able to select in and out of 4x4 and part of me misses just getting in, putting it in drive, and going.

I have to say, and maybe I am missing something here....does it really matter not having the LSD on an auto 4WD truck? I would imagine something like a 2WD without the LSD is where you would miss it? I would think in an auto 4WD or AWD Ram the fronts are going to engage before you even notice.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I have a Rebel, thus I have the E-locker. Wet pavement is where I miss it most. Having a true RW bias, 4x4 truck, I do spin the tires coming off traffic lights in the rain sometimes. The traction control seems to be rather ineffective.

I'm very torn on whether I like the true RW bias/4x4 vs an auto 4WD or AWD. I grew up on true selectable 4x4's. It wasn't till I owned two Jeep GC's where the AWD really shined. Part of me likes being able to select in and out of 4x4 and part of me misses just getting in, putting it in drive, and going.

I have to say, and maybe I am missing something here....does it really matter not having the LSD on an auto 4WD truck? I would imagine something like a 2WD without the LSD is where you would miss it? I would think in an auto 4WD or AWD Ram the fronts are going to engage before you even notice.
Depends on the conditions you are driving in. In 4x4 with open diffs, only one wheel on each axle is really getting power. They are usually opposite corners. So when you start spinning, you dont have maximum traction because only one wheel is spinning. With e-locker you can lock rea axle so both wheels get power, but it disengaes above 25mph. With a limited slip rear, you at least have the clutches to help keep power to both wheels.

HRCfan1

Reaction score
My two Rams have had the limited slip, helps the most when driving in 2wd on wet roads and being able to pull out into fast moving traffic, once in 4wd their is not much if any difference. I had the brake limited slip on another vehicle and it was easy to overpower and if you could get the brake to catch the spinning wheel thier was a good few second delay. That said Rams BLDS might function better.

This is why I wish I had the LSD.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread