5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stake hole cover removal

DHawk

Reaction score
What is the best/easiest way to cut out the rail cover at the front stake holes? Why are the front holes covered but the rear not?

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
That’s a great question, I’ll be watching to see responses posted.

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
What is the best/easiest way to cut out the rail cover at the front stake holes? Why are the front holes covered but the rear not?

I just used a credit card to pull up the rear lip (cover part facing the rear) and pulled it up. Really easy.

DeanKing

Reaction score
It depends on what you are actually removing them for and how much material you want to remove. I was installing stake pocket rings and used the Bull Ring Stake Pocket Cut-Out Tools for both front and rear. It made it almost brainless and very quick. But you have to have a portable router. If I remember right to remove just the one completely covered you only need the roller bearing bit which can be bought individually.

DHawk

Reaction score
The roller bearing bit is the only clean solution I have been able to find while surfing the web. There is a video of the bull ring installation that shows what DeanKing has described using the router.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/