5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SRT-10 Comeback Possible??

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
There is most definitely a street truck coming.

Obviously there is no V10 anymore:cry:

Now...will it be a 6.4? Will it be the Hellcat? Could we even get the Redeye treatment?

It will be great to see

RAMayor

Reaction score
Have the explicitly said the V-10 cant make a return? It makes more practical sense to just run w the hellcat/demon powertrains, but MAYBE just MAYBE, they could do a v-10!

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
The V10 couldn't keep pace with emissions and the viper demise pretty much slammed the coffin shut.

Could a V10 be brought back, gosh I hope so...but doesn't look like it will be happening.

BUT, one of the reasons the V10 left the truck arena in 2003 is because of transmissions and one of the reasons the viper didn't get an auto...so transmissions can handle it now...so maybe just maybe.

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Another thing is...Joe Public wants a truck that will do 0-60 in 2 seconds and tow 45k...well,if Joe Public can let the street truck be a performance car with a bed...SRT will be much more apt to comply

SilverSurfer15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I’d LOVE to see a RCSB blower truck. I mean LOVE it. I’ve already bought it. I dont care what the price is, sell me this mother.

But are they even doing a new reg cab? Seems to be unconfirmed.

What I DONT want to see a crew cab performance truck. And I feel like that’s what we are going to get it anything.

As someone above stated, because the public wants some truck that can haul 6 people and tow and all this bs because the average person doesn’t understand you can’t have a REAL performance vehicle that does all that. And it’s just too big.

For anyone who follows Moes, their new reg cab Whipple truck is a hoss. Would be cool to see a production version of something like that.

John813

Reaction score
Just throw the 6.2 in everything.

Rather have a powerplant that already has FI than a NA V10.

Users who are viewing this thread