5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Squeaky suspension sounds on 2019 air ride rebel

CaptainCJ35

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I wish VW sold their trucks here - not sure why they don't? Always had a good experience with their dealerships.

My recent experience with VW dealerships is the polar opposite of yours... which just speaks to the inconsistency of dealerships in general.

CaptainCJ35

Ram Guru
Reaction score
This thread has some of the info in it I'm talking about. Troutspinner has more than I did, and he put up a picture of the clips in this thread. Like I said, there more info in these forums if you need it.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Some cases are more severe than others. For me, it was minor and resolved itself after about a month. There are "anti-rattle" clips that help seat the break pads in the caliper. These metal clips are right up against the caliper (metal) and squeak/chirp during certain impacts on the road surface.

To confirm it for myself, I sprayed WD-40 silicon in the tiny gap between the clip and caliper, and then went for a drive. Sure enough, the squeak chirp was gone... but as the WD-40 evaporated it came back. Just was I was going to the dealer for an oil change/tire rotation (free, part of the deal when I bought the truck) and to have the squeak addressed... it went away the day before. And hasn't been back.

Somewhere on here, a member has a case # for this issue. I don't think there's a TSB# yet, but I might be wrong, and is worth checking out other posts on this issue.
There's a whole tread about this. Can't remember the name but a search should uncover it. I posted the notes from my dealer when they fixed mine at the time.

Cheers,

FastBlackRam

Reaction score
I may try the WD-40 trick just to see if that is it, then take it to them and throw it in their face.

FastBlackRam

Reaction score
So I decided to DIY the squeaky "suspension" which was driving me insane. It was happening on both sides in front. Sounded like an old truck that needs suspension parts replaced. How embarrassing.

I sprayed the brake pad clips with some suspension stanchion lubrication spray I use on my mountain bike suspension. Well lo and behold the squeaking is gone.

Do I take it in and tell them what I did? They might claim nothing is wrong because the squeak isn't happening!!!!

Last edited:

FastBlackRam

Reaction score
So I decided to DIY the squeaky "suspension" which was driving me insane. It was happening on both sides in front. Sounded like an old truck that needs suspension parts replaced. How embarrassing.

I sprayed the brake pad clips with some suspension stanchion lubrication spray I use on my mountain bike suspension. Well lo and behold the squeaking is gone.

Do I take it in and tell them what I did? They might claim nothing is wrong because the squeak isn't happening!!!!
Well the squeak on both sides (front) is back. I figured this would happen as the lube I put on washed away over time (3 months). Should I just re-lube it or take it to the shop monkeys? Others must be experiencing this.

Chris3058

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My brand new June 2020 build Reb with 800kms has just started this squeaking. Both sides going over pavement cracks etc . Unbelievable. Calling tomorrow to get her in for the updated parts.

And it begins.....sigh.

chemist2000

Reaction score
My brand new June 2020 build Reb with 800kms has just started this squeaking. Both sides going over pavement cracks etc . Unbelievable. Calling tomorrow to get her in for the updated parts.

And it begins.....sigh.
Me too, brand new Rebel!

Users who are viewing this thread