5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Squeaky Center Console lid?

DirtNazzty

Reaction score
hey guys, So back in September I traded my 13 Laramie in on a brand new Longhorn Crew Cab. I now have right around 2800 miles on it, and right around 1700 miles I started to get a VERY annoying squeak/creaking noise from my center console lid while resting my elbow on it!?! .....I have the big deep center console not the bench seat obviously. I have read up a little before posting this but seems like everything i could find had to do with the arm rest on guys with the truck with bench seat. So i guess my question is does anyone else have this problem? OR does anyone know how to remove the lid , maybe a description or diagram of doing the job myself? It appears to me that I need to remove the back panel of the console like the part that houses the 2 rear cupholders, before being able to unscrew the lid or whatever but I'm not sure, and I don't really want to go picking and prying on my $65k truck without knowing exactly what I'm doing! Obviously its still under warranty but I would like to try to fix it myself before dealing with the dealership, setting up an appt etc (dealership is about a 45 minute drive)... I feel like if I could figure out how to remove the console lid I could easily find something to stick up under there to make it tight again so it doesn't squeak when putting pressure on it! Its EXTREMELY annoying, its so bad to the point of where I try my hardest to not rest my right arm on it, which shouldn't be the case! For how much I spent on this truck there's no way this should be a problem! It barely takes any pressure at all so make it squeak, its even to the point where sometimes say I'm resting my arm on the console, ill lift my arm back up to turn or reposition myself and like 10 seconds later the console lid will "pop" back up. Hopefully someone can shed some light on this for me, or tell/show me how to remove the lid! Thanks alot in advance and Happy New Year everyone!

DirtNazzty

Reaction score
No other squeeky center console lids out there?!?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

DirtNazzty

Reaction score
Mine squeaks. Bought used 2019 with 20k miles, figured that's why. Good luck!
Yeah since I can't figure out anywhere online how to access the bolts to remove the lid I'm probably just going to set up an appt with the delearship.. Sucks because I know I could easily fix it if I knew how to remove the lid but I don't want to go prying on trim peices and **** on the back of the console and end up breaking something

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

gholstob

Reaction score
Did the dealership end up fixing this for you? I have a similar squeak that drives me nuts!

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Ratchet

Reaction score
Mine did have the squeak, but I fixed it. There is a small rubber bumper appx 7mm in diameter in the front left corner that has most likely fallen off. I had a small grommet laying around and glued it in it's place. Squeak b gone.

gholstob

Reaction score
Mine did have the squeak, but I fixed it. There is a small rubber bumper appx 7mm in diameter in the front left corner that has most likely fallen off. I had a small grommet laying around and glued it in it's place. Squeak b gone.
Good to know! I'll check on that.

z0n3

Ram Guru
Reaction score
This happened on my 2019. I took it in and they took the lid apart and put some foam in there i believe.

gholstob

Reaction score
Can someone take a pic of the placement of those bumpers.on their truck? Mine are so far over they barely touch the console. They catch the edge of the thin light grey strip.

Users who are viewing this thread