5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Squeaking noise after installation of 3.5" SST LIFT KIT from ReadyLift

Rau

Reaction score
The UCA on the left side is make this noise for the last 2-3 days. I installed the lift and already driven ~10k miles and it just started to squeak.

Is it possible that something became loose or rubber ends on UCA just dried out?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Av1

Reaction score
The UCA on the left side is make this noise for the last 2-3 days. I installed the lift and already driven ~10k miles and it just started to squeak.

Is it possible that something became loose or rubber ends on UCA just dried out?

It may just need to be regreased.

You won't know until you inspect it.

Reactions: Rau

BowersFJ

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The installer didn't trim the factory bolts on top of the tower before bolting the 2" top hat spacer on . . . So the top hat spacer is literally sitting on those 3 bolts . . . It takes no time, and it starts to squeek

Rau

Reaction score
Update.

It was bushings on ReadyLift UCA. I ordered the new bushings and after replacing the old ones the squeaking noise disappeared.

TTU14

Reaction score
What was your noise like? I think I’ve got the same issue, just installed Bilstein 5100s and the Rough Country UCAs a couple months ago and can’t pinpoint my noise.

Rau

Reaction score
I have a video I made, but I couldn’t upload it here due to size restrictions. I can email it to you.

Users who are viewing this thread