5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Squeak when going over slow rolling bumps

Bighorned

Reaction score
I recently have been having a squeak coming from somewhere I can't pinpoint. I come into work and it sounds like im driving a K car with a bad strut. There is uneven pavement and im getting a squeak not metallic but more bushing sound when im rolling over the bumps. Anyone have any ideas or something similar. Thanks guys!

5thGenRebel_AMK

Ram Guru
Reaction score
this just started happening on my right front, only does it if it's an intense bump/pothole. It's a very quick and high pitched squeak and seemed to start happened once it got colder out.

I'm not sure if it's related to my bilstein 5100 leveling shocks or not or if this is similar to what you're experiencing.

Gotta love our PA roads!

Bighorned

Reaction score
this just started happening on my right front, only does it if it's an intense bump/pothole. It's a very quick and high pitched squeak and seemed to start happened once it got colder out.

I'm not sure if it's related to my bilstein 5100 leveling shocks or not or if this is similar to what you're experiencing.

Gotta love our PA roads!
same here. as it started getting colder it started. Our state flag should be a road cone. My suspension is stock for now. Going with the 5100's in the spring.

Reaction score
I have the same issue. Unfortunately the local dealer service tech could not find the cause. However, I have been able to replicate it with the wheels off by hitting the front calipers.

Bighorned

Reaction score
the front calipers? The noise I have isn't from an abrupt bump most of the time. Its just flexing in which case im thinking dry sway bar bushing.

ThatThingGotaHemi

Reaction score
back in november...The front swaybar bushing was bad in mine after 8K miles... LOL...it was squeaking like hell and the cold temps didn't help it..

Dealer replaced entire front swaybar system under warranty. no squeak.

Users who are viewing this thread