5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Squeak/chirp over bumps

dktek

Reaction score
I'm new to the forum as a member, but have always looked to it for news and research on my 5th Gen RAMs. I have read on the forums what this could be. The truck is currently being troubleshooted by the dealership.

I had a 2019 and did a 2" leveling kit from Motofab, I had no issues with it, no sounds at all. Even went up to a 3.5" lift later on. I no longer have the truck, it was stolen a couple months back, a month after that lift got installed unfortunately. Insurance settled before it was eventually found.

I have a new 2022 RAM 1500 Sport. I had the dealership install another 2" Motofab kit, literally when it had 500KM in mileage, I decided not to bother on the 3.5" lift. The truck not long after started to experience a chirp or a squeak over bumps, potholes, broken road seams, etc. Generally at moderate speeds above 40 kph. The dealership tried spraying everything bushing related underneath. They finally removed the 2" leveling kit, they've installed many of them without issue so it baffled them as everything suspension related was tight. It still chirped/squeaked.

They now have gone to Mopar Tech, which is a division I guess dealerships go to when they themselves have tried all they can. They have had the shop first replace steering rack bolts today and still chirps, now they are replacing the struts next week when they come in, which is odd since the Motofab kits go above the strut.

I've heard of brake pad clips doing this in forum posts, I told the dealership about this, but for now they are following Mopar Tech and the order they are giving them for parts replacement. It kills me, its been in the shop more than I've had it.

The dealership asks if the strut replacement fixes it, what I will do? They recommended a leveling strut, like RC, Bilstein or even their 2" Mopar lift. But have asked that I hold off ordering anything until the chirp is fixed.

Anyone else have similar chirps/squeaks? What was your outcome?

jl13

Ram Guru
Reaction score
it kind of sounds like it might be the brake/caliper chirp which is what I have. Recently had mine at the dealer with a dead battery replacement but unfortunately I forgot to bring this up so it will be on my next oil change

dktek

Reaction score
That's what I've been reading in forums. My guess is it will be the last item that Mopar Tech suggests and the first item I originally suggested. I think its coincidence it just started. Plus this truck sat in a stock compound for roughly two months.

jl13

Ram Guru
Reaction score
well sometimes they don't take to suggestions but maybe since they just done the spacers it made sense for them to start there.
Hope you get your truck soon

dktek

Reaction score
The dealership finally decided to look at the brakes on my truck, the replaced the struts and still chirped. The brake pad anti-rattle clips were not aligned correctly causing them to squeak over hard bumps. So far for the last couple of days no issues. They are reinstalling the 2" leveling kit next week.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/