5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Squeak after leveling kit install

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I just installed a 2” motofab leveling kit on my truck now it has a slight squeak on the drivers side.

I was reading a thread yesterday somewhere saying a guy had a similar squeak and he took it all apart and greased everything. And it didn’t change. Then his friend said to try while lightly holding the brake and sure enough there was no noise. Brought it to the dealer and they lubed the pins on the calipers or something and it fixed it.

Mines the same way. No noise when on the brakes. Just wanted to find the solution. Can’t for the life of me find the thread it was in.

Thanks in advance for any help

troutspinner

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I just installed a 2” motofab leveling kit on my truck now it has a slight squeak on the drivers side.

I was reading a thread yesterday somewhere saying a guy had a similar squeak and he took it all apart and greased everything. And it didn’t change. Then his friend said to try while lightly holding the brake and sure enough there was no noise. Brought it to the dealer and they lubed the pins on the calipers or something and it fixed it.

Mines the same way. No noise when on the brakes. Just wanted to find the solution. Can’t for the life of me find the thread it was in.

Thanks in advance for any help

I am "that guy" ;) You've summarized it nicely. My issue was the brake caliper pins, not the suspension.

W13NY

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have a squeak on my drivers side - no leveling kit yet - turns out its the ball joint and its shot - dealer is changing it this weekend when the part comes in.

Users who are viewing this thread