5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sqeaking while curving at 10/15mph ?

Jack.

Reaction score
I inspected my suspension and doesn't seem like anything is out of the ordinary, have anyone ever experienced this ?

I did recently gotten an aligment and I dont think it's the cause?

Jack.

Reaction score
Any idea what would cause this ?

Redz72

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You don’t have it in 4wd correct? Almost sounds like when I leave the trail and forget to shift back into 2wd…or when I would test drive a vehicle and check to see if 4wd works by doing this on dry pavement and turning slightly.

Jack.

Reaction score
Nah I don't have it on 4wd, I first noticed it going around a dunkin drive through in the morning and I though I was hearing thing, so when I got off I went into an empty parking lot and after a few attempt I was able to recreate the sound on video.

I check the truck suspension and to as best of my knowledge nothing seems out of place, no leaks etc.

I was scheduled for an oil change today and had the dealer take a look at it and they also reported that nothing seem out of the ordinary however they were very booked and I'm not even sure they even check lol.

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
That’s a tough one. I’d have someone outside the truck to listen where it’s coming from. Next jack it up and look for spots of wear/rub.

Jack.

Reaction score
I would third the tire squeal on any painted surface. Mine squeals on the parking space divider paint if it is thick enough
This was on just asphalt , no paint was present when I was turning.

I'm starting to think it was a bad aligment but I didn't even know a bad aligment can make your suspension sqeaks lol or tires I guess

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
This was on just asphalt , no paint was present when I was turning.

I'm starting to think it was a bad aligment but I didn't even know a bad aligment can make your suspension sqeaks lol or tires I guess
What if you bring it back to the place that did the alignment and tell them it started doing this since. They maybe put it on the lift and look at it for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online