5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sputtering Cold Start

Lug57

Reaction score
My '22 with 17k on it has randomly been struggling to start, but it always does in fact start. To be clear the crank is strong but when it comes to turning over it sputters for a second or two before really firing up. I had the battery tested and its fine. It doesn't matter if it sits for a day or a week in any weather cold or hot, I can't find a pattern. I always use 89, have used top tier and "regular" gas. I've run some Techron through it a few times over its life. There's no CEL. Dealer couldn't replicate it when they had it overnight a little while back. This has happened randomly since brand new. It just seems more frequent now. I do park on a very slight incline, I don't know if that has anything to do with it. I've tried to make a video of it happening but it never picks up the sound well enough to hear the sputtering. Maybe someone else is or has experienced this?

Users who are viewing this thread