5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sprint Booster?

raygun9

Reaction score
I have mds disabled.
I also have an ECM and tcm tune.
I have a 2022 limited 5.7with etorque.

I have tried everything short of replacing the peddle assembly which wouldn't make sense to replace on a new truck imo.

It feels like there's some weird safety feature that delays the throttle sometimes almost like it isn't sure if it wants to accept my input, like if I was slowing down and mash it it just does nothing for a moment.
Very strange... curious if thats something with the newer years.

Sent from my SM-G781U1 using Tapatalk

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Very strange... curious if thats something with the newer years.

It feels like some electronic thing.
I know the 2022s have some different innards then the 2019-2021s.
When I ordered I didn't realize it was like a gen 5.5 truck or else I would of waited or gotten something else.
I sometimes feel like i'm a beta tester.

Hold My Beer

Reaction score
I have the Sprint Booster on my 2021 1500 Limited 4x4 and it performs really well with no lag. I've had one also on my mini for years with good success. I mounted my in the center console for easy access to change modes depending on who the passengers are!

Attachments

• 1 console mount.jpg
    1 console mount.jpg
    171.7 KB · Views: 22
  • 2 Close Up - Console Mount.jpg
    2 Close Up - Console Mount.jpg
    165.5 KB · Views: 19
  • 3 Box Part Number.jpg
    3 Box Part Number.jpg
    156.1 KB · Views: 20

raygun9

Reaction score
I have the Sprint Booster on my 2021 1500 Limited 4x4 and it performs really well with no lag. I've had one also on my mini for years with good success. I mounted my in the center console for easy access to change modes depending on who the passengers are!
I mounted mine the same but didnt get the wire the way you did. How does it run through the center console? You drill a hole ?

raygun9

Reaction score
It feels like some electronic thing.
I know the 2022s have some different innards then the 2019-2021s.
When I ordered I didn't realize it was like a gen 5.5 truck or else I would of waited or gotten something else.
I sometimes feel like i'm a beta tester.
That sucks. Even the gen4 to gen 5 was a big change for me. I hate the way the 8 speeds shift compared to a 6 speed.

Hold My Beer

Reaction score
I mounted mine the same but didnt get the wire the way you did. How does it run through the center console? You drill a hole ?

Yes, carefully drilled a hole through the floor of the console near the left wall and threaded the wire, on top of the floor carpet but hidden behind the console side wall, up and over to the pedal area for the connection.

Users who are viewing this thread