5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sprint Booster?

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Anyone use a sprint booster AND a tune?
Diablosport 20% throttle boost does nothing to remove the weird lag on these trucks.
I want to try a sprint booster but I don't know anyplace that accepts returns without charging a ton of stupid fees.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
30 day money back guarantied, but you will not want to send it back HIKE IT USA
Just looked it up and even on their website it states "The HIKE IT XS works just like the 'Sport' button found in many cars by cutting down the amount of pedal travel required to achieve 'Throttle Wide Open' which will allow you to access the engines full potential."

The sprint booster doesn't just adjust throttle position, that's pointless. It claims (with video proof) to make the TB adjust sooner or instally when you touch the pedal.

They also have this picture which shows the same thing. Why would you want your truck to be at 100% throttle only 50% on the peddle. That doesn't make your truck faster or more responsive.
Based upon this picture I would want to leave this device disconnected, but even this picture is flawed as the throttle depth and throttle body positioning is not a 1 to 1 ratio. This seems to be just a sales gimmic that adjusts the digital throttle depth position on the computer making half the peddle act like it's at 100%.
1654982945225.png

Dice

Reaction score
I have just the Sprint Booster. I think it works really well to get rid of the throttle lag. I bought it based on two things. They were the first company to do them, and the controller is tiny. It's barley noticeable on the dash. I highly recommend it

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
I have just the Sprint Booster. I think it works really well to get rid of the throttle lag. I bought it based on two things. They were the first company to do them, and the controller is tiny. It's barley noticeable on the dash. I highly recommend it
Mine should be in tomorrow.

I have a throttle lag whenever I am going to a rolling stop and then go instead of stopping, hopefully this fixes that or back it goes.

Stephenlaplaca

Reaction score
Did you get a booster? I had one on my 19 ram. Worked well. Noticeable difference when it was on. Especially in race mode.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Did you get a booster? I had one on my 19 ram. Worked well. Noticeable difference when it was on. Especially in race mode.
I just got one and installed it yesterday.

Not sure how I feel about it yet weather it's actually doing something useful or not.
I have been driving around with my ODB2 scanner connected watching throttle position to see if it's just screwing with the throttle maps or anything else.

raygun9

Reaction score
Did you folks with this installed have any issues at all? I have one but haven't put it on yet, I read all the stories about the pedal commander issues and was concerned this would be the same things.

raygun9

Reaction score
I have it installed 0 problems.

What problems are you talking about?
A few folks on here reported issues with the pedal commander going to full wide open throttle without them pressing the gas at all, only on Gen5s. I had one on a Gen4 for about 8 years with 0 issues.

Sent from my SM-G781U1 using Tapatalk

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
A few folks on here reported issues with the pedal commander going to full wide open throttle without them pressing the gas at all, only on Gen5s. I had one on a Gen4 for about 8 years with 0 issues.

I feel like a lot of those issues are people doing dumb or incorrect things.
In theory they are just little computers and computers can do weird stuff or just break.

I wouldn't sweat it vs doing other performance mods to your car\truck.

Chippy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yes lots of Pedal Commander issues reported and documented. My Sprint booster has been problem free and gets rid of the annoying lag. I as well like the size and simplicity it’s just the best solution on the market

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Yes lots of Pedal Commander issues reported and documented. My Sprint booster has been problem free and gets rid of the annoying lag. I as well like the size and simplicity it’s just the best solution on the market
My sprint booster does NOT get rid of my lag.
It just increases how much I need to press the peddle, which does help a little.

Chippy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My sprint booster does NOT get rid of my lag.
It just increases how much I need to press the peddle, which does help a little.
I don’t know how you can say that as I’ve been to Sema in their booth play with those test benches they have set up. You can use a stop watch if you like but the speed from the pedal to the throttle body def gets to 1 to 1 so yes it’s speeding up but that stops what we all perceive as lag.

raygun9

Reaction score
I installed mine the other day and am a big fan. I agree with the others they do make a difference... Ive run custom tunes from JG and HF on my gen4 and the pedal commander still made a difference over the tune increasing the throttle response. Plus on demand is cool.

This is my first 8speed and initially I hated it compared to a 6. With the sprint booster its not as bad.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
I don’t know how you can say that as I’ve been to Sema in their booth play with those test benches they have set up. You can use a stop watch if you like but the speed from the pedal to the throttle body def gets to 1 to 1 so yes it’s speeding up but that stops what we all perceive as lag.
Because it doesn't get rid of the lag on these trucks.
I'm not saying they are lying about what it is suppose to do.

On my truck it does NOT get rid of the throttle lag, and I have an unlocked PCM\TCM and a tune on both.
That said it DOES make a difference, but it's not what I would consider to be normal. Ram still has some hooks somewhere forcing throttle lag that the Sprint Booster doesn't help with.

If I slow down and stop (or only go slow) at a stop sign, when I press the gas I have a 1-2 second delay before the truck acts like i'm even hitting the peddle. Even if I have it set on race 9, same thing. Only difference is how much it will act like I have the peddle down when it decides to go.

Chippy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Well I don’t know what to tell you but my truck does not have that delay your stating yours has? I had a sprint booster on my 15 Challenger hellcat prior till tuning it and it worked great on that car as well. I think you have something else going on causing your symptoms

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Well I don’t know what to tell you but my truck does not have that delay your stating yours has? I had a sprint booster on my 15 Challenger hellcat prior till tuning it and it worked great on that car as well. I think you have something else going on causing your symptoms
Maybe so. Its been like this since I got my truck new from the factory and the Sprint Booster did not help. It just decreased how hard I need to hit the peddle, there is the same exact delay.
Point is, it's NOT removing the throttle delay in my 2022 Limited.

raygun9

Reaction score
Maybe so. Its been like this since I got my truck new from the factory and the Sprint Booster did not help. It just decreased how hard I need to hit the peddle, there is the same exact delay.
Point is, it's NOT removing the throttle delay in my 2022 Limited.
Have you tried turning off MDS from using the gear limit selector and seeing if that helps?

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Have you tried turning off MDS from using the gear limit selector and seeing if that helps?

I have mds disabled.
I also have an ECM and tcm tune.
I have a 2022 limited 5.7with etorque.

I have tried everything short of replacing the peddle assembly which wouldn't make sense to replace on a new truck imo.

It feels like there's some weird safety feature that delays the throttle sometimes almost like it isn't sure if it wants to accept my input, like if I was slowing down and mash it it just does nothing for a moment.

Users who are viewing this thread