5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sprayed bed liner

McHouck

Reaction score
I will always have a spray in liner.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Jako

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
You bet. I'm getting the step and rails anyway... o well.
I ended up with rails, bed step and after market LEDS in the bed. That was probably about $650+ and a few hours of installation. The Line-X in NY/NJ metro area from last I checked was $600+. Not a big deal as it was time well spent getting to know my Ram :) :love:.

Dusty1948

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Paid $400 at Ziebart, but that was 34 months ago.

Regards,
Dusty
2019 Ram 1500 Billet Silver Laramie Quad Cab 2WD, 5.7 Hemi, 8HP75, 3.21 axle, 33 gallon fuel tank, factory dual exhaust, 18” wheels. Build date: 03 June 2018. Now at: 051383 miles.

Mountain Whiskey

Reaction score
Rhino for ~$550. Good quality, tough and stuff won't slide.
I have to agree with liking Rhino. I think it has the best feel, being kind of rubbery. Seems to absorb the shock a little too. My area I don't know where to find it though. Seems that Line-X has the DC market cornered.

That being said, I went for the BUG. Yea the liner is kind of thin. To be honest I don't do the heavy hauling of a work truck any more anyways. The whole package was a good deal. The corner step really impressed me. I am 350 and did not destroy it when I stepped on it like I do most things! 😲

Kone

Reaction score
Bumping up for any new thoughts or experiences. My only truly local shop does Linex and is backed-up due to shortage of product. I'd have to travel up to hour for Rhino or Ultimate, then probably wait there till done.

jth877

Reaction score
Bulletliner is an updated linex so I'm told. It's supposedly has a bit more uv stability. It really depends on the guy spraying it as to quality of the job. I would look at reviews and how long a shop has been doing it. $495 for 5.7ft bed.

According to the guy that sprayed my Bulletliner the dealer down the street where I bought a 2017 and current 2020 is shady as hell. The dealer was collecting $500 from customers buying brand new trucks and telling them Bulletliner was being installed. They were actually spraying a cheaper brand at a non affiliated random garage and doing a poor job. The customers would return to my Bulletliner guy and ***** him out for the poor work. I was like "wow". That's criminal. I had my own problems with that dealer and refuse to step foot in there again.

Kone

Reaction score
Bulletliner is an updated linex so I'm told. It's supposedly has a bit more uv stability.
Thanks. Had looked into Bullet but closest dealer to me is 1.5 hr which is probably too much.

ayoslickxd

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I ended up with rails, bed step and after market LEDS in the bed. That was probably about $650+ and a few hours of installation. The Line-X in NY/NJ metro area from last I checked was $600+. Not a big deal as it was time well spent getting to know my Ram :) :love:.
where did you go im in long island and they. trying to hit me in the head :/

Jako

Reaction score
where did you go im in long island and they. trying to hit me in the head :/
I never had it done but these are dealers I checked out: Bound Brook NJ, Keyport NJ and W. Babylon NY
From what I remember W. Babylon was the highest $. I had an appointment with Bound Brook and decided against the Line X. I had what I considered potential future problems with the install of the bed rails' riv nuts and the plugs for the bed lights. I figured it would be better to do those installs before the line x.

My 2001 Dodge Ram SLT's bed still looks good. I have always had a tonneau cover, quality bed mat and used a folded over pool cover to protect the bed for dirt, gravel, concrete and such, bed is in great shape (can't say that about the fenders and doors).

Still debating getting the line-x. The 2019 bed is not up to the impact protection of the 2001 but I don't believe the line x is the answer against significant impacts but is great for protecting the bed surface. I'm sure for the daily use of abrasive materials the line x and such are a big asset but for my occasional use a folded over pool cover works fine. The cover actually works pretty good when getting down to a level where I can just pull the load to the tailgate and dump it.

ayoslickxd

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I never had it done but these are dealers I checked out: Bound Brook NJ, Keyport NJ and W. Babylon NY
From what I remember W. Babylon was the highest $. I had an appointment with Bound Brook and decided against the Line X. I had what I considered potential future problems with the install of the bed rails' riv nuts and the plugs for the bed lights. I figured it would be better to do those installs before the line x.

My 2001 Dodge Ram SLT's bed still looks good. I have always had a tonneau cover, quality bed mat and used a folded over pool cover to protect the bed for dirt, gravel, concrete and such, bed is in great shape (can't say that about the fenders and doors).

Still debating getting the line-x. The 2019 bed is not up to the impact protection of the 2001 but I don't believe the line x is the answer against significant impacts but is great for protecting the bed surface. I'm sure for the daily use of abrasive materials the line x and such are a big asset but for my occasional use a folded over pool cover works fine. The cover actually works pretty good when getting down to a level where I can just pull the load to the tailgate and dump it.
west babylon tried to tel me almost 1500 for what i want linex but my shop in california says he would charge me 800for the top of line stuff...
i need linex cause im always throwing stuff in and out the bed im gonna get a cover soon that works with the ram box

Svt40

Reaction score
I was quoted around $600 for line-X premium here in NE Texas but they are only taking names right as they are out of product for who knows how long.

Smerberj

Reaction score
$450 for Line-X (Basic) in Virginia Beach with Military discount. I went with basic because I have a bed cover anyway so fading from the sun won't be a problem. Can't beat that lifetime warranty.

Jako

Reaction score
west babylon tried to tel me almost 1500 for what i want linex but my shop in california says he would charge me 800for the top of line stuff...
i need linex cause im always throwing stuff in and out the bed im gonna get a cover soon that works with the ram box
I remember them being higher but not that much higher. There appears to be a premium in NY/NJ metro area but operating costs all also higher. It appears W Babylon is using the location to his advantage. What options do you have?

ayoslickxd

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I remember them being higher but not that much higher. There appears to be a premium in NY/NJ metro area but operating costs all also higher. It appears W Babylon is using the location to his advantage. What options do you have?
i was just doing my bed with ram box and my fender flares

Users who are viewing this thread