5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Spray on bed liner

knvoss

Reaction score
Recently, I had a Line-X liner installed. The liner is great and the guys did an absolutely perfect job. Today, I noticed one of the covers in the bed where the LED bed lights would be (my truck did not come with them) had fallen out. Thankfully, it was still in the bed. I looked at the other one and it was almost out also. Not a big deal, a little gorilla glue and it should be good. I am wondering if anyone else that has had a liner installed could share if they have had this issue? There was no damage to the covers, it just seems that since the liner has added just a tiny bit of thickness, the tabs are not grabbing and holding the cover in.

Jordan2929

Reaction score
Yeah just got my truck bed lined and had the same issue. Just took a razor blade and cut the line-x off from around the edge and on the inside of the hole.

ET32913

Reaction score
My truck bed is getting Line-X’d tomorrow. I removed all the plastic caps/plugs in the bed and put them in a ziplock bag. Curious to see what they’re gonna do.

Agitated

Reaction score
Same issue here after line x. I just bought the mopar light kit instead of trying to make the plugs fit.

jamesfg

Reaction score
They applied the liner right over my plastic covers. I'm going with under the rail lighting so if they're in there for good, so be it.

John813

Reaction score
Hmm, didn't have that issue. You go with the standard or premium or platinum line-x?

Bwarren2

Reaction score
how much are you guys paying to get your beds lined?

Flot

Reaction score
Same issue on mine with the bed light plugs falling out after line-x. I paid $600 for the "premium" line-x treatment. Happy with it so far.

ET32913

Reaction score
I spoke with Line-X this morning. They told me that they want the plugs installed to seal the bed. In regards to the plastic covers where the led light kit goes, they have a “method” on spraying that area without spraying over the plastic covers. We’ll see how it goes.
how much are you guys paying to get your beds lined?

I was quoted $450 (and no tax for military) for standard Line-X but my dealer threw it in for free when I bought my truck.

jamesfg

Reaction score
I went with Inyati and it was I vaguely remember $425 with uv protection

Jordan2929

Reaction score
Honestly I can’t imagine line-x uses different formulas for their standard, premium, and platinum lines. I’m more inclined to believe that it’s more to do with the warranty. For example the standard is supposedly going to fade sooner than the platinum, so with the steeper price of the platinum they are able to say it lasts longer and in the case that a repair is needed they’re more willing to do it because they’ve already taken more of your money upfront. Hopefully that came across how I wanted it to. And if anyone has physical proof of there being 3 different formulas they use, then I wish I went with the platinum lol.

knvoss

Reaction score
A friend of mine runs a body shop and while he does not do bed liners, through all the trucks he sees and talking with customers, he said the premium will definately look new after years and the basic will fade from the sun. To some people this matters and to some it doesnt.

John813

Reaction score
Premium line x. Paid 450
Just curious as I think the premium/platnium are thicker in coating, or at least that's what they told me.
Maybe the thickness had something to do with them popping out?
I have a standard line-x and haven't had any issues with the covers popping out. Just a wild guess.
Better UV protection too but I was going to slap a tonneau cover on it.

Users who are viewing this thread