5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Spray liner, what not to spray

Kidder

Reaction score
For those with factory spray in liners, what covers/plastic pieces didn't get sprayed? Pics would be even better.

79 300

Reaction score
I don't see spray liner on any plastic parts on mine. I think they get installed after the spray job.

Kidder

Reaction score
I don't see spray liner on any plastic parts on mine. I think they get installed after the spray job.
At my request, my dealer had my bed sprayed since it didn't come that way from factory. They sprayed over everything which makes it a bit difficult to install the bed lighting. They are going to make it right but I want to see the factory spray to see what was and wasn't sprayed. Guess I will stop by the dealer in the morning to take pics so I can show the company that sprayed mine what they need to correct.

Eguzowski

Reaction score
At my request, my dealer had my bed sprayed since it didn't come that way from factory. They sprayed over everything which makes it a bit difficult to install the bed lighting. They are going to make it right but I want to see the factory spray to see what was and wasn't sprayed. Guess I will stop by the dealer in the morning to take pics so I can show the company that sprayed mine what they need to correct.
Yeah, plastic should have been removed or taped off prior to spray

geotex1

Reaction score

None of the plastic should have been sprayed. None of the screws on the tailgate panel should have been sprayed. They are not with factory spray, and quality aftermarket installers do not spray these either. I had mine done at a reputable Line-X installer and I didn't even have to ask as he went through every detail the do from how they do the tailgate, how they do the tailgate jamb, how they wrap the bulkhead, etc.

I caution everyone considering the bedrail kit and doing aftermarket spray in. Save yourself a headache and buy the rail kit and install the nutserts before spraying the liner! What you want to do is also go buy 16 M6 plain steel bolts with washers and thread them into the nutserts. Have them spray the liner over them, and you or there can score around the head and remove these sacrificial bolts. Complete rail install from there.

Jordan2929

Reaction score
Had mine done at a line-x dealer in Rochester NY and asked them to not spray the bed light covers incase I ever get around to installing them, they agreed and did a great job as well.

Kidder

Reaction score
So, it looks like only the plastic panels for the bed lighting shouldn't have gotten sprayed. I just looked at a Limited on the lot and those are the only things that didn't get sprayed. They did take off the tailgate access bolts so I am good there. I wonder if I should cut the plastic panels out myself since I am going to install the Mopar bed light kit.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread