5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Spray-in Bedliners - OEM vs aftermarket

Bitwise

Reaction score
I've read that the RAM OEM spray-in bedliner is great and I've read that it's not so great and has areas of thinner coverage. What's the latest consensus on the RAM OEM bedliner? Should I opt for it when building or go aftermarket with something like Line X?

I've also read that there can be tailgate issues with the spray-in bedliners where you have to slam the tailgate to close it due to the thickness of the liner material. Is this an issue with the OEM bedliner?

CJR28

Reaction score
Never had an issue with OEM bedliner, its been great on my last 2 rams. The coverage seems good throughout the bed

BNeal

Reaction score
I have it on my 21 Limited and it seems great. I inspected it before delivery thinking it might be garbage, but I am pretty impressed. Looks to be as good as aftermarket to me.

LaxDfns15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The coverage on mine is decent. There are a few spots you can see they were lazy on, but the most important parts (bed floor, tailgate, etc) are covered. You're going to pay about the same for Line-X depending on the installer.

Biga

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I've had the OEM bedliner on my past two Rams, both have held up very well. They don't really apply it at the factory, the trucks are taken down the road to a vendor called Ground Effects LTD. I've heard it's a Line-X based supplier but I could be wrong.

Bitwise

Reaction score
Thanks for the info everyone. Has anyone heard of any issues with closing the tailgate due to the OEM liner? I’ve heard people have had that problem with aftermarket liners like Line X.

CJR28

Reaction score
Thanks for the info everyone. Has anyone heard of any issues with closing the tailgate due to the OEM liner? I’ve heard people have had that problem with aftermarket liners like Line X.
Nope not yet

Wsmith

Reaction score
I am a Line-x guy, I just don't trust that the factory actually takes the time to prep the surface properly for the bed liner. Just like applying coatings the prep work is the key to success. I have a great local Line-x shop. My Line-x closes fine.

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I have Rhino and no issues with the tailgate.

AmericanRebelution

Reaction score
Check out Linex Premium. It's a little thinker, UV resistant, and a bit of a more harder more slick semi-gloss look and feel. Really happy with mine.

highgear2005

Reaction score
There are a few you tube videos on this,Worth watching. removed a factory spray liner. And the bed looked new! No surface prep. This truck was a ford, but that liner came out easily compared to the line x truck. I’m a line x guy, no issues with the tailgate. After a year still looks new. I believe it was near $600.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jako

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
If you need warranty coverage where do you go for OEM and Line x? Line x is now covered by any dealer, I believe. I have no idea who/what/where would handle the OEM. I passed on the lining and Bed Utility Group on my order but later discovered that the BUG was a good price/package.

Users who are viewing this thread