5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Spray in Bedliner Too Much Non-Slide!

heliinstructor

Reaction score
Looking for suggestions from all you experienced owners that have the factory spray in liner. I have a new Rebel with Ramboxes and need to carry music gear regularly and even with the MFT I find it difficult to reach in and drag out speakers, instruments, etc. Is there a suggestion as to using cut to size plywood or plexiglass, etc. when transporting this gear that would help to be able to slide it out more easily? Nothing permanent and something I can just throw in when needed? Thanks in advance!

1awesomelaw

Reaction score
Looking for suggestions from all you experienced owners that have the factory spray in liner. I have a new Rebel with Ramboxes and need to carry music gear regularly and even with the MFT I find it difficult to reach in and drag out speakers, instruments, etc. Is there a suggestion as to using cut to size plywood or plexiglass, etc. when transporting this gear that would help to be able to slide it out more easily? Nothing permanent and something I can just throw in when needed? Thanks in advance!
I purchase a rubber bed mat and installed it on top of my spray in bed liner, as my tool box slide across my truck one morning when i made a quick dead stop to avoid hitting a dog in the road. and it slammed against the bed and burst open . There are many companies out there that sell them, i purchased one from Mopar and just cut the flaps off as I have Ram Boxes also.,

1awesomelaw

Reaction score
I throw in a moving blanket, the quilted ones not the cheap uhaul like ones… folds up easily in the garage or a linen closet if you don’t have one it’s cheap and works just fine.
You can get those from Harbour Freight or order one from Amazon.

Trippi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have a Rebel with factory spray in bedliner...I added a bed rug. Love it mostly for comfort of having to crawl in there...is easy to maintain and remove if needed. It does help with slide but is not perfect as I still need to use a golf club to fish things out. The best option would be to get the bed rug plus add some type of 'wall' to prevent that slide to the back of the truck.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Everyone, it sounds like he wants MORE slide, not less.

I assume you're using your bed divider to keep things from moving around while driving. If you just need a slicker/smoother way to slide things out when you're ready, then I'd probably think about one of these options:
  • doubled-up blanket. Top layer would slide along the lower layer. Cheap, and stows easily.
  • 1/8" to 1/4" plywood from your hardware store.

heliinstructor

Reaction score
Thanks for all the feedback. My music gear actually fills the bed completely so nothing will slide around. My issue is reaching to the front of the bed to pull heavy items out. The spray in liner doesn’t allow for sliding. I was thinking of cutting a 4x8 piece of plywood or similar to fit so that items will slide easily.

RJS

Reaction score
Thanks for all the feedback. My music gear actually fills the bed completely so nothing will slide around. My issue is reaching to the front of the bed to pull heavy items out. The spray in liner doesn’t allow for sliding. I was thinking of cutting a 4x8 piece of plywood or similar to fit so that items will slide easily.
Probably the best solution is the plywood. Cut it to fit the bed, put a handle on it to grip and pull, then store it when you don't need it. If the plywood doesn't slide easily enough, buy a thin sheet of polyethylene or polypropylene sheet from a big box store and attach it to the plywood sheet. You won't need to cover the entire plywood bottom surface, just a few strips should do the job.

Last edited:

Jako

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score

I grab these "election signs" after the voting is over. I keep a sheet in the bed of the truck and helps me pull things to the tailgate as per your request. They also work great if you need to crawl under the car and for oil changes.

I've used these for many projects, only limited by your imagination. Can't beat the price.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score

I grab these "election signs" after the voting is over. I keep a sheet in the bed of the truck and helps me pull things to the tailgate as per your request. They also work great if you need to crawl under the car and for oil changes.

I've used these for many projects, only limited by your imagination. Can't beat the price.
So are you going to tell us whose name is in your bed? Hillary? Trump? Biden?

jloops

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You can get a 4x8 sheet of white board at Home Depot. It has a slick service like a dry erase board which is what I used it for. It’s around $20.
Without actually going to Home Depot I think this is the product. It can be found in the lumber area.

EUCATILE

32 sq. ft. 96 in. x 48 in. Hardboard Thrifty White Tile Board​

Aseras

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Cardboard. I use boxes couches come in. Sams Club has them often as no one wants boxes that big. You can also grab the cardboard and slide it out to pull stuff to you.

I have all my compartments in my RV lined with it too. So easy to unload Exercise pens and such.

Jako

Reaction score
So are you going to tell us whose name is in your bed? Hillary? Trump? Biden?
Don't really know, probably someone local as money is better spent in close races in states at the national level. I have no preference although I use Max Rose signs to prevent dogs from doing their business on my lawn, he did serve a purpose eventually.
Despite a boat load of money he was voted out as he did not represent his district but did represent Pelosi's wishes from what I can recall 92% of the time.

No problem for Rose job wise as he has a new job.

And so goes politics.
NOTE: Be careful using these signs were people see them, you never know peoples' reactions, so far I've had no problems.

And to keep the post on track the large ones 4' x 8' are becoming harder to come by. For the handyman/homeowner you will find a purpose.

Last edited:

Jako

Reaction score
Cardboard. I use boxes couches come in. Sams Club has them often as no one wants boxes that big. You can also grab the cardboard and slide it out to pull stuff to you.

I have all my compartments in my RV lined with it too. So easy to unload Exercise pens and such.
Agree, cardboard works good also. It just doesn't clean up as well with spills and such.

Users who are viewing this thread