5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Spray in bedliner question.

MidnightExpre$$

Ram Guru
Reaction score
To the OPs question, it depends on brand and application.

To chime in with the rest, I got the factory one in the bed upgrade package. It was just easier since I ordered it. It is ok. Like mentioned, it is rough but it issupposed to be. If I had a truck off the lot and needed aftermarket, I would go with Rhino liner. It is rubbery feeling and grips to keep things from sliding. My neighbor had it and he abused the heck out of his truck, the stuff held up.

Just my 2 cents.

I too went with the factory spray in bed liner and the Bed Utility Group. Very happy I did. Liner looks great, and the BUG is very convenient and useful. I recommend both.

asgadf/lkjnadsfg

Reaction score
I've had both Line-X and Rhino Liner in the past. Rhino liner says theirs is dry in seconds, but for "heavy duty" use, to wait 24 hours. Both were good, they did their job, but I prefer the Rhino Liner.

If I was ordering one I'd have gone with the factory spray simply due to convenience. There's never a great time to give up my truck for a day (and arrange for someone to pick me up and drop me off) for someone to spray it. I didn't have time to wait on an order, so I had to just take what I could find on a dealer lot, which wasn't much back in October when I was looking.

cevans6318

Ram Guru
Reaction score
the biggest diference is how is applied

Some chemically strip the paint so the bedliner would stick
some will just spray on top of the paint which is not the best choice
found the above by calling several places in my area...
Seems the factory just sprays over the paint from what I saw in the youtube video. I assume that is what Line x does as well as mine was done within 2 hrs of dropping it off. Find it hard to believe they stripped the paint and sprayed all in 2 hours.

MO Rebel

Reaction score
I know for a fact my Linex dealer stripped the paint. I have no idea how the Mopar liner is applied.

Drivinfast247

Reaction score
Could be ...I know is more expensive for sure tho. I have a TRX and local would be $350 or factory option is $850
Went with the cheaper version. Hopefully wont bite me
Gotta save that $500 on a $80k truck. LMAO

Anyway, my factory liner is great!

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Could be ...I know is more expensive for sure tho. I have a TRX and local would be $350 or factory option is $850
Not really. The Bed Utility Group includes the spray-in bed liner, bed step, and the cargo tie downs. All well worth the $850 price tag, IMO.

wallyuwl

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Around here a good aftermarket job is $550 to $600. Bed utility group also includes the bed step, cargo tie down rails, and box lighting for $945 (raised $100 recently).

Noway

Reaction score
Update. Did it for $425. The shop removed all the paint before spraying it in. Had to cure for 24 hours . Very happy with the result

esta1701

Reaction score
I have had both - a factory liner on my old truck and a Line-x on my new one. To me it came down to this: chip in my Line-x was repaired in 1/2 hour under warranty no questions asked; chip on my factory liner was considered "paint" and not covered under any factory warranty. I'll take the lifetime warranty any day!

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I have had both - a factory liner on my old truck and a Line-x on my new one. To me it came down to this: chip in my Line-x was repaired in 1/2 hour under warranty no questions asked; chip on my factory liner was considered "paint" and not covered under any factory warranty. I'll take the lifetime warranty any day!
Yeah, but this isn't going to happen to a factory liner. Got the Line-X bedliner.

Users who are viewing this thread