5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Spray in bed liner

chewmeista

Reaction score
My ram has the drop in bed liner and I'm looking to get a spray in bed liner installed. What's the going rate? I assume they charge more to take out the old liner. I'm located in Southern Maryland. It seems like Line-x is the only place close to me. Thanks.

chewmeista

Reaction score
I had the Line-X premium spray in liner installed by the dealer when I purchased the truck. $499.00.
good to know. i just called the linex place nearby and they quoted me $550 regular $650 premium. $50 or so to take the old drop in liner out.

Ronnie7901

Reaction score
I had the Rhino Liner Tuff Grip installed by an original Rhino Liner dealer, NOT Ziebart - couldn't happier - $500 cash (upstate NY)

Peebs1021

Reaction score
I had the Rhino installed for $500. I like it better than the Line-X as it has more of a rubbery texture to keep things from sliding around and it's sprayed thicker.

Lpsouth1978

Reaction score
I had a a lesser known Tough Skin liner installed for $375 cash and it has been great. Going on 2.5 years with no issues!

Wild Bill

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I got the Line-X regular for $600.00.... (after truck purchase) Dealer quoted $800.00!

As Belvedere questioned, why $50.00 for removal of a 'drop in' liner... Is it 'glued' in?

Redz72

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Removal of the drop in liner is a breeze. There are a few “how to” videos on the interwebs that show it.

I am thinking about ditching my drop-in Duraliner and getting my bed Rhino Lined as well.

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Put up your liner on Craigslist or Facebook marketplace, make it cheap and have them come and pick it up. Make $100 or so instead of spending $50.

Whatever you do, if going with Line-X, you will likely need a rubber mat to keep stuff from moving around and also getting scratched up by the sand paper like finish on most spray in liners.

Spray in liner with the heavy duty rubber mat is an awesome combo. And unless I needed the heavy side protection, I can go without the spray in liner and just the rubber mat.

CJC66

Reaction score
LineX depends on the application. Mine was applied with enough texture that I would have to be driving wild for things to go sliding around. Drop-in liners and mats allow humidity between the bed and the liner/mat which could cause corrosion. I had a dealer installed spray-on liner identical to Rhino-liner in a previous truck. I was rubbery, dull and really thick. I was still soft enough to get damaged. My new LineX appears tougher.

JBarry

Reaction score
I had a a lesser known Tough Skin liner installed for $375 cash and it has been great. Going on 2.5 years with no issues!
I'll tip my neighbor about Tough skin liner. He'll fetch his Ram tomorrow after mounting and balancing of the new tires from 4Wheelonline and will start the bed mods next.

Users who are viewing this thread