5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Spray in bed-liner

yankeefan31569

Ram Guru
Reaction score
my truck came with a plastic bed liner no clue what brand prb a mopar one or something, thinkn of line-x spray in whats everyone been paying to get it done..

STR

Reaction score
I’ve always had the plastic drop-in liners. This is the first truck that I’ve had with an OEM spray in bed liner and I like it a lot better, although it can be like 60 grit sand paper on the back of your hand when washing the cab. Lesson learned.

There is a Rhino Liner dealer nearby, and I believe that change around $400.

GerryS

Reaction score
My last pickup got a LineX spray in liner, and it was nice. But it just made the bed look nice. 16 years later the bed looked nice, but the doors and fenders were rusting away.
I opted to not get one this time. I figure that they grind out the paint before spraying in the bed liner anyway. I can scrape the crap out of the paint in the bed, and if I decide to do the LineX thing later, the paint gets stripped anyway.
I say get the spray in liner for resale in a few years or if you can get a good discount on it, or leave it alone or get a rubber mat for long term ownership.

Gerry

Gerry

djm11778

Reaction score
Line-x doesn't grind the paint off. They do scuff it up. If you are planning on spraying it before resale wouldn't it be better to do it now and use it? The other way you are paying good money for someone else to use and enjoy. Line-x is the best IMO

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Rsorrell2

Reaction score
Line-x here. They were offering there premium for the price of regular and it comes with lifetime warranty. I think mine was $495 as well. I’ve thrown mountain bikes and kayaks in mine and not a scratch

Suprj1

Reaction score
Got Line x last Friday. Came out perfect. Paid 495 and they threw in the UV coating for free.

Attachments

• IMG_20200605_170543.jpg
    IMG_20200605_170543.jpg
    184.6 KB · Views: 150

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I hate drop in plastic liners because they damage the paint under the liner and hold water and cause rust, kinda the opposite effect you want in a liner.

Best is spray-in liners combined with a heavy duty rubber mat. The spray in liner is great, but it is like sand paper and things still move around easily. To keep things from moving around in the bed and scratching up any delicate items you put in there, I also use a rubber mat.

My 2nd option is to simply use a heavy duty rubber mat. It won't protect the sides, but the floor is well protected and you get the benefits of keeping things from sliding around. If my truck didn't come with a spray in liner, this one have been my main option.

Jako

Reaction score
Spray in bed liners are great but not necessary for a lot of truck owners today. Agree with SD Rebel as far as bed mat. If throwing in heavy items the spray in liner is not stopping dings and dents, particularly in newer models with the ever increasing reduction in weight. I've had an Extang Black Max tonneau cover (snaps) and a bed mat since new on my 2001 Dodge Ram 1500. I use a folded over (3-4 layers) old pool cover when moving dirt, concrete, gravel and rocks. Bed is in great shape versus the doors and front fenders.
If I was using the truck on a daily basis with NO tonneau cover I believe the spray in bed liner earns a return worth the cost.
The spray in liners have also become an issue for some for the bed rails and bed lights installations.
For anyone that is purchasing a new vehicle the Bed Utiility Group (BUG) is a pretty good buy as a package deal. I don't know how OEM bed liner warranty is handled versus Line-x.
The $495 sounds like a good price for the Line-x, based on pricing in the NYC/NJ metro area dealers.
No argument if you like the look and want to do a "mod".

highgear2005

Reaction score
Line x,and cover it with a rubber mat. I found one on amazon for under$90.
Years back on my 04 with a rino liner. I was cutting firewood and throwing the wood into the bed. I was shocked that my truck bed now looked like the surface of a golf ball. Everywhere a log hit, there was a dent!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

landk00

Reaction score
What does RAM use for their Spray-In bedliner? Also, those who have the factory Spray-In, how do you like it?

djm11778

Reaction score
They use a product that is similar to Line-x but installation is not good. Half the thickness for the full price. Also prep is nonexistent so it call peal right out. You are better off skipping when ordering and have it done locally. Look at YouTube factory bed liner removal.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

SD Rebel

Reaction score
What does RAM use for their Spray-In bedliner? Also, those who have the factory Spray-In, how do you like it?

I'm happy with mine, they are applied at their custom accessory shop at the factory, there is a good video of it on Youtube.

Mine was sprayed well, good thickness throughout, clean cuts where it wasn't applied. So far holding up very well.

Sascwatch

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I had the factory liner sprayed in and everything slides around on it, I purchased a rubber bed mat to put on top and it’s all good now.

The factory liner does seem very thin, but for how I use it it’ll be fine.

Mtsabo

Reaction score
Dealer i got my truck at dosent have a single truck on their lot with factory liner. They refer people down the street for a linex spray in at 425 dealer discount.

COSPILOT

Reaction score
My 2019 has the factory spray in liner and is holding up well. As this is my work truck doing HVAC work in a salty climate it was a must have. The two 2019 Rams I had as rentals both had the factory drop in plastic liners. Both had less than 5,000 miles on them but I was already finding areas where friction rubbed away the paint and rust was present. Needless to say that Maui isn’t kind to any vehicle, but wow was it bad.

yankeefan31569

Ram Guru
Reaction score
thanks for all the replies and input, ill bring to zeibart or linex place maybe ill give them the plastic liner and see if they can take 50$ off or something, and get a rubber mat as suggested by many, dont want it to rust out under the plastic one living here in Upstate Communist NY salt works the trucks and cars to death..

brotherGood

Reaction score
I just picked my truck up from the dealership this afternoon from the body shop (lot damage prior to delivery) and I had them Rhino line it while they had it.

It wasnt my preferred liner, but it would've been more of a hassle to go elsewhere. Ill use it, but I won't be hauling concrere/rock/logs/etc..so it should hold up just fine

Jines2121

Reaction score
Definitely recommend line-x holds up really well and if you get the premium you get the lifetime warranty. I paid 600 with 10% discount here in indiana. Holds up really well.

Users who are viewing this thread