5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sports

mynameisante

Reaction score
Anyone follow any sports and teams?

Myself, I'm a huge football (soccer) guy, and love American football, and basketball. Those are three sports I watch regularly and passionately. Other sports are a here and there thing... though I've been attempting to get into F1. I just don't understand it yet, and I'm having a hard time finding a driver with a IDGAF attitude that will talk smack to and about other drivers

My teams:
Football/soccer:
Hajduk Split, Lazio, Benfica, Millwall, and the Croatian national team

American Football:
Cleveland Browns

Basketball:
Cleveland Cavs

jimothy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
The sport I follow most closely is college football; my team is my alma mater, Florida Gators.

NFL, my team is the Green Bay Packers. I used to follow the NHL, and still should because ice hockey is a cool sport. I’ll blame moving to the south for my lack of attention.

I’m a casual baseball fan, and this is the only sport where I’ll root, root, root for the home team, Atlanta Braves.

Last edited:

TNRamGuy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Penn state (makes all that $ seem worthwhile) and local Vols, don't watch 'pro' until they get the political crap out of it. Knees and name changes are bs.

mynameisante

Reaction score
Since you both mentioned it, I totally forgot about NCAAF... I'm a huge Buckeye fan

Just read yesterday that three schools jumped from PAC-12 to Big 12. I hate how monetization has changed college football these past 5-10 years

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
I used to be a big NASCAR fan and couldn't get enough of the NFL. I've lost interest in both in the last couple year with all the political and woke crap they decided they need to push. Lately I've gotten into watching cycling.

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Green Bay Packers, Nascar and NHRA are my favorites.

Nascar got rained out again today after 75 laps. I say switch over to rain tires and finish the damn race.🤨

jloops

Ram Guru
Reaction score
One sport I’m not watching because they’re done - the women’s World Cup. If they weren’t so worried about making political statements, being minor celebrities, fashion icons, disrespecting the National Anthem and just played the sport maybe they wouldn’t have been bounced from the tournament earlier than ever.

FSU
Go NOLES!!!
>>~~>

Mystic Rhythms

Reaction score
I follow -
MLB - Mariners
NFL - Seahawks
NCAA Football - Washington State University - after next year 25% of the PAC 4
NCAA hoops (a little) - Gonzaga
I need to get into the NHL but I just haven't yet.
I might follow the NBA if the Sonics come back but frankly that isn't really basketball anymore. I do think that is the first major sports league where one player will shoot another during a game, that might be fun.

mynameisante

Reaction score
One sport I’m not watching because they’re done - the women’s World Cup. If they weren’t so worried about making political statements, being minor celebrities, fashion icons, disrespecting the National Anthem and just played the sport maybe they wouldn’t have been bounced from the tournament earlier than ever.

FSU
Go NOLES!!!
>>~~>
I cant stand women's sports, except volleyball and field (high jump, pole vault, etc) for obvious reasons😂

Shine006

Reaction score
Big football fan here. Alabama: Roll Tide, and UK Wildcats since in Kentucky for college and unfortunately a fan of one of the worst run NFL teams the Raiders. Just can’t give up on my Raiders yet lol.

jl13

Ram Guru
Reaction score
In order
International soccer, premier, spanish league, barcelona,
NBA - used to be a super sonics seatle fan until they moved. Now the teams i enjoyed watching the most is the nuggets and celtics.
NFL - go bills
Baseball - i only watch the playoffs. Specially anytime the braves are in

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
I follow -
MLB - Mariners
NFL - Seahawks
NCAA Football - Washington State University - after next year 25% of the PAC 4
NCAA hoops (a little) - Gonzaga
I need to get into the NHL but I just haven't yet.
I might follow the NBA if the Sonics come back but frankly that isn't really basketball anymore. I do think that is the first major sports league where one player will shoot another during a game, that might be fun.
Just wondering where you're located? Those teams are local favorites where I live.

Richard320

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
LA County, People's Republic of California

jl13

Ram Guru
Reaction score

FSU
Go NOLES!!!
>>~~>
Yep agree
My goal is to be able to take off the whole mens world cup from work. Travel across the US, Mexico and Canada.

kdoublep

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Born in New England so I'm a Pats and Sawks fan. Spent most my life living in Florida and got my undergrad at FSU a long time ago. Go Noles!

jimothy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Since you both mentioned it, I totally forgot about NCAAF... I'm a huge Buckeye fan

Just read yesterday that three schools jumped from PAC-12 to Big 12. I hate how monetization has changed college football these past 5-10 years
Yeah, I don't like the way things are headed, either. I blame BCS then CFP, and, of course, ESPN.

PAC-12 is effectively gone. Their only choice is to merge with the Mountain West conference. It's crazy to think about when you look back on the history of the Rose Bowl as PAC-10 vs Big 10, that PAC may no longer exist.

ACC is the next conference likely to implode, with the most of their schools likely bound for Big 10 or SEC.

So that leaves us with three or four major conferences: Big 12, Big 10, SEC, and maybe PAC/MWC.

I remember the mess before BCS and CFP, when there were a few split decisions for who would be named national champion. And you had the issue of the #2 team left out of contention while #1 played somebody further down in the rankings. But this was only a mess if you thought the primary purpose of college football was to declare a national champion. In pursuit of that, we've lost much of the draw of regional rivalries and tradition (like the previously mentioned Big 10/PAC 10 matchup).

If I had a time machine, after I picked up the winning ticket for tonight's lottery and got an art tutor for baby H, I'd do my best to talk the NCAA out of ever forming the BCS and just stick with the sometimes messy, often criticize, AP and Coaches polls.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online