5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sport Sticker Removal?

ScottyJ

Reaction score
Has anybody removed the sport sticker off the bed of the truck? I like the looks of the sport version with the painted bumpers but don't care for the sticker on the bed.

BowersFJ

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Following …. I plan to do this the day I pick it up …. I assumed it was as simple as heating with a hair dryer, catching a corner with a credit card, and peel slowly … Interested to see if there are any helpful tricks …. I assume the paint is fully cured when it hits the dealer, so there shouldn’t be a waiting period

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

c3k

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Has anybody removed the sport sticker off the bed of the truck? I like the looks of the sport version with the painted bumpers but don't care for the sticker on the bed.

Yep. Easy peasy. I had a heat gun at hand...but didn't need it. I just found an edge with my fingernail, and pulled. I pulled slowly and carefully and it came right off. I washed off the minor residue. I only had them on for a month or two.

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have. Used a heat gun and just gave it a tad bit of heat and pulled it right off. Followed by a quick wipe with denatured alcohol and any left over goo was gone. Took maybe 5 mins if that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Nihilius

Reaction score
I pulled mine last week with no heat. I'm partial to 3M spray on adhesive remover to clean up the remaining glue.

sessman

Reaction score
Don't blame you, cringed when I saw they added that useless decal on the 2020s, looks so bad

GM26J

Reaction score
As others said, easy to remove especially when they haven't been on there too long. And using a hair dryer rather than a heat gun is a good idea. Almost impossible to damage the paint with a hair dryer but you can get into trouble with a heat gun. But in my case I just peeled up a corner and gently worked it off. I removed all the decals as I'm not a fan of stickers. A little mineral spirits on a rag will take of any glue residue then just wash the area.

Users who are viewing this thread