5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sport rack - opinions please

brody.cepeaux

Reaction score
Whats up everyone. I have the 19 1500 crew with 6’4” box. Currently equipped with BakFlip tonneau cover. I am going to add a sports rack that is not just for looks but function. Looks count tho. I am thinking the black horse is the one i want to order. Simply put the dimensions are wide and will suit the look of the truck. Please take a look and let me know what yall think or if there is another model out there, please share 34406 34404

spaightlabs

Reaction score
My first thought was the same as Richard's. 'Sport' rack? What sport? you could get a football and 2 frisbees on there...that's probably a good chunk of change for no or at least extremely low functionality.

brody.cepeaux

Reaction score
Opinions? Okay, since you asked... I say no.

You have a pickup. Why do you need a luggage rack? Why would you want to put anything up there to raise the center of gravity? A roll bar, okay. Lights on it? Okay. Luggage? No.
A sport rack is for carrying large bulky items. The truck bed will be packed full and this is for my kayaks to lean against while utilizing the truck bed and the bike rack on the hitch. As mentioned in the original post its for function and looks. Eventually i may do lights but right now its not something i care about. They are illegal here now anyway. I should mention that the mesh tray above the rack is removable and likely will be stored unless i find some use for it.

brody.cepeaux

Reaction score
My first thought was the same as Richard's. 'Sport' rack? What sport? you could get a football and 2 frisbees on there...that's probably a good chunk of change for no or at least extremely low functionality.
Yeah they are not for everyone, i get that. Perhaps i should have mentioned that in my post. Again, the mesh rack will not be in use, its the roll bar that will be. Haters gonna hate

Richard320

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
LA County, People's Republic of California
Yeah they are not for everyone, i get that. Perhaps i should have mentioned that in my post. Again, the mesh rack will not be in use, its the roll bar that will be. Haters gonna hate
You asked for opinions! If you don't like them, that doesn't make us haters. Posting that could easily mean that you're a thinskinned snowflake.

brody.cepeaux

Reaction score
You asked for opinions! If you don't like them, that doesn't make us haters. Posting that could easily mean that you're a thinskinned snowflake.
Ok. Thank you for your thoughts? Im not interested in egging on a fight. Have a nice day!

Bluelinebuild

Reaction score
The only opinion that matters should be yours. Its your truck, if you need/like it then by all means get it. Good luck and post some pics when you do.

PacmanLee

Reaction score
Whats up everyone. I have the 19 1500 crew with 6’4” box. Currently equipped with BakFlip tonneau cover. I am going to add a sports rack that is not just for looks but function. Looks count tho. I am thinking the black horse is the one i want to order. Simply put the dimensions are wide and will suit the look of the truck. Please take a look and let me know what yall think or if there is another model out there, please share View attachment 34406 View attachment 34404
View attachment 34405

View attachment 34407
Did you ever buy this? I was looking at this without the mesh rack but it says it only fits the 1500 classic.

Cease11

Reaction score
Unless you’re going for that overlander look I guess it’s useful. But if it’s just for looks than maybe without the mesh top.

PacmanLee

Reaction score
Unless you’re going for that overlander look I guess it’s useful. But if it’s just for looks than maybe without the mesh top.
I’m doing it just for looks so would be no mesh section for me. Just confused on if it would fit my Laramie or not. Is there a difference in the bed in Laramie vs Classic?

Cease11

Reaction score
I’m doing it just for looks so would be no mesh section for me. Just confused on if it would fit my Laramie or not. Is there a difference in the bed in Laramie vs Classic?
I don’t think it would matter since any of those 2 beds have the same width. Does it mount on bed rails? I see that top rail is that for pod lights?

Users who are viewing this thread