5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sport hoods?

TIGWelder

Reaction score
I just picked up my 2019 sport and as I read, some of you have a different hood. Mine is all metal with no plastic intake/vents on it like some of the sports I see here. What did I miss? Is it a geographic thing?

taken

Reaction score
It was likely ordered with the "Sport Hood Delete" option which deducts $295 from the cost of the vehicle. Some folks don't like the Sport hood so Ram offers this as an option to get the rest of the package without the hood...

TIGWelder

Reaction score
It was likely ordered with the "Sport Hood Delete" option which deducts $295 from the cost of the vehicle. Some folks don't like the Sport hood so Ram offers this as an option to get the rest of the package without the hood...
The window sticker does not indicate that option selected. Would it say it there?

Wakesnowb

Reaction score
The window sticker does not indicate that option selected. Would it say it there?
I was messing around with the RAM build tool on the website and it looks like the sport hood is not included with the sport package on the Big Horns. It is included on the Laramie's sport package however. Longhorn and Limited do not have sport packages and of course the Rebel has it.

TIGWelder

Reaction score
I was messing around with the RAM build tool on the website and it looks like the sport hood is not included with the sport package on the Big Horns. It is included on the Laramie's sport package however. Longhorn and Limited do not have sport packages and of course the Rebel has it.
Ahhh okay, Thanks! I Was hoping there was a simple reason. Good detective work.

moparleo51

Reaction score
hey i got a big horn and it has a sports hood.lol i know it usually doesnt ,but i got lucky to do a trade with a member on this site. great site to be part of...;)

INVISBLE

Reaction score
Yes Limiteds do come with a Sport hood, it is part of the Black Edition on mine. Which is essentially the Sport package just not called out specifically.

Snakes709

Reaction score
I had it on my canadian sport. You arent missing much. While it looks nice, it provides no function. Really getting sick of manufactures making fake food scopes/vents

Attachments

• 3F27EF56-CC06-4B3B-BAD7-ED965FEC77F8.jpeg
    3F27EF56-CC06-4B3B-BAD7-ED965FEC77F8.jpeg
    194.6 KB · Views: 104

Dr. Jim

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I had it on my canadian sport. You arent missing much. While it looks nice, it provides no function. Really getting sick of manufactures making fake food scopes/vents

But aren't the vents open so that heat can escape?

Dr. Jim

Ram Guru
Reaction score
But aren't the vents open so heat can escape?

They're all fake.

Thanks for your reply. I had asked that because on my Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT and Dodge Durango SRT, the hot underhood air actually escapes through the hood vents.

INVISBLE

Reaction score
Yep plastic and fake but at least the hood is aluminum... but if wanted to you could move the vents to be functional but you would have to hack up the underside of the hood to get them to work.

riveralg79

Reaction score
I’m looking to make a trade too or purchase.... I want the Sport Hood, my color is the Black Crystal and I live in Florida...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread