5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sport hood

Viper67

Reaction score
Is this lettering on the sport hood just 3M’d on? I’d like to remove that also but don’t want holes etc.

Thanks.

c36f97f4a7fce00930a4f9b3d2503700.jpg

Gkmathiesen

"MAX"
Reaction score
No clue bud. I personally like mine. You should be able to carefully remove the protective liner from the hood and see if there is screws where the badging is.

Max Limited

Reaction score
I have changed mine, they are just stick on but there are two alignment holes, so if you just remove it, there will be two holes on each side.

Grouper

Reaction score
The below is quote from this MotorTrend article.

Do those of you with the Sport hood agree with what's written below?

"The other inconvenience I've noticed affects all driving, not just towing and hauling. This one, though, is on us. We chose to dress our truck up with the Sport Appearance package, and with it came the Sport Performance Hood. The power bulge in the center of the hood, flanked by extra trim and engine badges, sticks up significantly and blocks a small slice of the windshield. Unfortunately, that little slice of glass it covers is kind of important. With the height of the hood, taillights and turn signals on sedans and small crossovers are often obscured by the bulge. In heavy city traffic and stop-and-go freeway situations, where other cars often try to squeeze into a one-car-length gap in front of you, not being able to see turn signals is a constant problem. Jacking the seat up high enough will fix the problem if you don't mind the awkward driving position, but it would be easier to just not get the optional hood in the first place—you'll also save a few bucks in the process."

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score

"The other inconvenience I've noticed affects all driving, not just towing and hauling. This one, though, is on us. We chose to dress our truck up with the Sport Appearance package, and with it came the Sport Performance Hood. The power bulge in the center of the hood, flanked by extra trim and engine badges, sticks up significantly and blocks a small slice of the windshield. Unfortunately, that little slice of glass it covers is kind of important. With the height of the hood, taillights and turn signals on sedans and small crossovers are often obscured by the bulge. In heavy city traffic and stop-and-go freeway situations, where other cars often try to squeeze into a one-car-length gap in front of you, not being able to see turn signals is a constant problem. Jacking the seat up high enough will fix the problem if you don't mind the awkward driving position, but it would be easier to just not get the optional hood in the first place—you'll also save a few bucks in the process."
I don't agree with that and haven't had any issues with visibility. I don't have heavy city traffic in my normal commute, but if you can't see the tail lights of the vehicle in front of you, you're you're following too closely.

Kidder

Reaction score

This may be the stupidest thing I have read. You can see over the damn hood to make sure you don't hit a Prius.

moparleo51

Reaction score
Just plain dumb. I traded for a sport hood and see no difference between the two. Maybe they should look at the newer kia SUVs. They put the damn turn signals on the bottom bumpers. Wth.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Rammit

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I love the look of my bulge hood. I stopped reading a lot of these magazines years ago after reading motor trend complaining that the Jeep SRT8 GC didn’t have a trailer hitch and the Viper didn’t have a lot of cargo room lol.

Cravenfan

Reaction score

Uh...the coolness factor alone outweighs this...never noticed the issue. Sounds like a user issue...

Diamondback

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'd say Back T.F. Off a bit and you can see just fine :)

DRIVER: "Hey, I can't see the stop light when it it red because I pull up too close to the intersection .. Can the vehicle creators fix that, please?"
..KNOCK.. on the driver's window
Officer: "I noticed you can't see the traffic light out your front windshield. Here is your ticket for pulling up too close into the busy intersection."

Users who are viewing this thread