5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sport hood plastic vent fitment

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Your left side vent looks about like mine... not quite flush on the left corner. You right side looks about perfect.

HemiDude

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Man, do we look for any excuse to post pics of our rigs or what! :D

BTW, @JaylonW, is your plate a reference to BBQ, or something else?

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
So is there an actual fix for this?
My 22 looks like this from the factory . Would be interested if someone was able to take these off or something.

JaylonW

Reaction score
Man, do we look for any excuse to post pics of our rigs or what! :D

BTW, @JaylonW, is your plate a reference to BBQ, or something else?
He asked...:) i was really just showing my ceramic coating.
It references my fraternity....Que Psi Phi.

Gkal12

Reaction score
For those that have the sport hood issue with the fake air vents not sitting flush on the outer corners, were you able to get that resolved at the dealer? I have a '22 rebel with the same problem. The one on the driver's side is more of an issue and the one I see every day when I'm driving. Needless to say, it really bothers me. I guess it's a little comforting knowing that my truck isn't the only one with this problem. My concern is that most dealers (or at least my local dealers) are better at the mechanics of the truck than fixing body work. I'm afraid they might make it worse if that's possible? Before bringing it to the dealer, I wanted to get other's experience. Thanks in advance for your help.

Pschne1

Reaction score
I had it fixed by dealer and had no issue. They replaced the vent and it sits flush. I pointed it out when I bought the truck and had it in writing that they were going to fix/replace it. The part took a week or so (pre supply chain disruption). Took them about 20 minutes to do. Depending on where you are with mileage you probably could just piggyback it onto an oil change/tire rotation. If you are a do it yourself-er I imagine it is easy. I am not, and felt that a truck with 6 miles on it should be as perfect as possible so I had dealer do it.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
I had it fixed by dealer and had no issue. They replaced the vent and it sits flush. I pointed it out when I bought the truck and had it in writing that they were going to fix/replace it. The part took a week or so (pre supply chain disruption). Took them about 20 minutes to do. Depending on where you are with mileage you probably could just piggyback it onto an oil change/tire rotation. If you are a do it yourself-er I imagine it is easy. I am not, and felt that a truck with 6 miles on it should be as perfect as possible so I had dealer do it.
Can you send close up pictures of your vents?

My 2022 was never flush from when I got my truck on either side. It's like it's only secured on 1 corner via a push clip or something.

Pschne1

Reaction score
Here are pics of the driver’s side vent that was replaced. The original stuck up about 1/4 inch and was obviously different than the passenger one. It drove my OCD crazy!

Attachments

• 34E5B0B7-9AC8-4FFC-9E97-EA4AA6372D4E.jpeg
    34E5B0B7-9AC8-4FFC-9E97-EA4AA6372D4E.jpeg
    95.2 KB · Views: 71
  • 27F98E41-0CB2-448D-8E4B-4F1BCCED4FDF.jpeg
    27F98E41-0CB2-448D-8E4B-4F1BCCED4FDF.jpeg
    112.1 KB · Views: 72

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Here are pics of the driver’s side vent that was replaced. The original stuck up about 1/4 inch and was obviously different than the passenger one. It drove my OCD crazy!
I THINK that's how mine look.

Personally I still think it's sticking up
1671123783742.png

I guess my OCD is even worse then yours.

I just went outside to snap a couple pictures of mine currently and I think it looks like yours, and I definitely feel like it's not flat (in fact you can even see something UNDER the plastic because it's not flush fit)
2022-12-15 12.03.36.jpg 2022-12-15 12.03.38.jpg

Pschne1

Reaction score
It could be the angle of the photo. Both vents now at least match, and the driver’s side is much lower than it was before it was replaced.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
I had the dealer replace mine and new one still isn’t flush. SMH
I don't know how to pop mine off, but I wonder if double sided tape can be applied before they are installed to force them to be flush?
Not like you would ever see the paint under it even if it ruined the paint job.

I'm willing to experiment on mine and take pics if someone shows me how to take them off.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
I don't know how to pop mine off, but I wonder if double sided tape can be applied before they are installed to force them to be flush?
Not like you would ever see the paint under it even if it ruined the paint job.

I'm willing to experiment on mine and take pics if someone shows me how to take them off.
I've removed them before. It becomes obvious how to remove them once you remove the hood insulator on the bottom side of the hood. You can adjust the fit of the vents from below once you see how they mount. I was able to get mine to sit flush after a few small bends in key areas where the clips attach to the hood. Just know you'll need new clips for the insulator. I broke every one of mine when I did this.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
I've removed them before. It becomes obvious how to remove them once you remove the hood insulator on the bottom side of the hood. You can adjust the fit of the vents from below once you see how they mount. I was able to get mine to sit flush after a few small bends in key areas where the clips attach to the hood. Just know you'll need new clips for the insulator. I broke every one of mine when I did this.
That sucks.
I don't think I can pull mine off as I have a hood deflector installed and I installed custom push clips to get it to fit (and it was a royal pain in the a$$ to get them in the first time).
I didn't break any clips though if we are talking about the same things.

Ill take a look when it isn't raining gallons of water outside.

You didn't happen to take pictures when you removed it?
I try and take pictures for anything obscure I do as it might help in the future.

crusher

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That sucks.
I don't think I can pull mine off as I have a hood deflector installed and I installed custom push clips to get it to fit (and it was a royal pain in the a$$ to get them in the first time).

I try and take pictures for anything obscure I do as it might help in the future.
Screenshot_20221223_150800_Samsung Internet.jpg Screenshot_20221223_150411_Samsung Internet.jpg

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
That sucks.

Sorry, no pics. I didn't remove the entire hood insulator. I just removed enough of the clips on the driver side to allow access to the back side of the hood vent. It was a simple process to me so I didn't think pics would be needed for anyone else to do the same thing. In my case I had ordered a new hood vent because I thought my original one was broken. Once I saw the new vent I could see how it mounted, and how I would be able to adjust the position of it.

MarchAFB

Reaction score
I have the same issue on my 22' Rebel, both sides lifted at the outside corners. I knew this was not correct as my nieghbor also ordered a 22' Rebel and got his 2 weeks after me. His were flush.

I have taken mine into the dealer and they have ordered 2 sets for me with no change. They took pics and sent email to Ram (I guess), to see what options we have.

I just ran across this thread, so I had to post too.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
I have the same issue on my 22' Rebel, both sides lifted at the outside corners. I knew this was not correct as my nieghbor also ordered a 22' Rebel and got his 2 weeks after me. His were flush.

I have taken mine into the dealer and they have ordered 2 sets for me with no change. They took pics and sent email to Ram (I guess), to see what options we have.

I just ran across this thread, so I had to post too.
How bad are yours?

Users who are viewing this thread