5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sport hood for my Laramie

ItsDaveR

Reaction score
I have a 2022 Laramie sport. It came from the dealership with the sport hood delete option. I really like the look of those hoods. Was curious if anyone has swapped theirs. I called the dealership here and they want $1000 just to order it. No plastic trim, no paint, no installation. By the time I get it all done…it’s going to be crazy expensive.

Attachments

• 426CFE35-D0DE-422F-A482-F395891D323D.jpeg
    426CFE35-D0DE-422F-A482-F395891D323D.jpeg
    166.4 KB · Views: 119

mikeru82

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
There have been several threads with the OP wanting to swap their sport hoods for non-sport hoods. The trick will be finding someone wanting to swap, with the same color truck, within driving distance. Good luck with your search. (y)

BackCountryinNJ

banned at member request but still lurking
Reaction score
May not be for you, but just throwing out what I did instead of changing out the whole hood. I'm super happy with how it turned out for a fraction of what a new hood would cost. And, one thing I love about it is how you can see it when you're in the truck.

Attachments

• hood scoop6.jpg
    hood scoop6.jpg
    315.5 KB · Views: 143
  • Hood scoop7.JPG
    Hood scoop7.JPG
    174.3 KB · Views: 140
  • hood scoop8.jpg
    hood scoop8.jpg
    129.2 KB · Views: 138
Last edited:

CaliRebel

Reaction score
Last edited:

Rock Crawler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I wish Ram would actually produce the hood they have on the “Low Down” concept truck, or at least something like the SRT-10 hood. I had a SRT-10 hood on my 2006 Ram 2500 and loved the look. They actually filed for a patent for the hood on the “Low Down”, but never produced it. I know there are a lot of fiberglass hoods on the market, but I’d rather have a metal hood.

E308E0F7-320E-42A4-865A-CB5B54143799.jpeg

Last edited:

ItsDaveR

Reaction score
May not be for you, but just throwing out what I did instead of changing out the whole hood. I'm super happy with how it turned out for a fraction of what a new hood would cost. And, one thing I love about it is how you can see it when you're in the truck.
That looks pretty awesome! I might actually go that route. How does it attach. I’m assuming you had to have it color matched?

ItsDaveR

Reaction score
True.. I was trying to find this other vendor I saw with the same hood. They had actual pictures of it but I cant find them all of a sudden... Will post it here if I come across it again.

EDIT: Found it LOL! Its on American Trucks. I bought a lot of stuff from their sister company, Extreme Terrain, when I used to have my Jeep.

RAM 1500 SSK Style Ram Air Hood; Unpainted (19-22 RAM 1500, Excluding TRX) - Free Shipping
Not bad. Same price the dealer wanted for a stock unpainted hood without plastics trim.

BackCountryinNJ

banned at member request but still lurking
Reaction score
Thanks. Honestly, I think it turned out better than I expected. I've had other people that own a 5th gen Ram ask me if it came with the Backcountry package on my truck. I bought it from American Trucks. Air Design RAM 1500 Hood Scoop; Unpainted CH07A01PR (19-22 RAM 1500, Excluding Rebel & TRX) - Free Shipping

I had my local body shop paint it along with my flares and factory tow hooks that came on the truck. Install was super easy. It has double sided 3M tape on it and it comes with a tube of polyurethane adhesive that goes in a caulk gun. Sounds kind of scary to do...but it ended up being extremely easy. You dry fit it and mark where it goes with a grease pencil that comes with it. Then, it takes two people to set it in place. Of course, a body shop could easily install it for you too. The link to American Trucks has a customer photo with it on a white Ram. And, it's on sale right now.

Users who are viewing this thread