5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sport hood delete options

deanno33

Reaction score
Curious if anyone's dealer was able to find a way to use the 'remove sport hood' option when ordering a Laramie night edition? Guessing not but thought I'd ask. Anywhere you try to build one and the hit remove sport hood, it moves you from night to sport package (for Laramie).

Wsmith

Reaction score
That feature is a little odd. The night edition doesn't come with a sport hood. I was doing the same thing on a night edition. I think by hitting the delete it actually adds the hood which puts you in a sport package. I have a night (bighorn). It has the standard hood. I may be wrong, it would not be the first time, and the Laramie night comes with a sport hood standard.

deanno33

Reaction score
Was hoping there was a way to delete the sport hood from a Laramie night package. You can delete it from Laramie sport package. Sport hood is cool but I prefer the clean lines of the non-sport hood personally.

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
The Laramie Night Edition does come with the sport hood. If you scroll to down to "Additional Exterior Features", there is an option to delete the sport hood.

deanno33

Reaction score
When you click on that, it deletes night edition and puts you in sport package....but at least it deletes the sport hood (from sport package). Guessing there isn't an option to have night and non sport hood.

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
When you click on that, it deletes night edition and puts you in sport package....but at least it deletes the sport hood (from sport package). Guessing there isn't an option to have night and non sport hood.
You're right. I saw the selection when I added wheelhouse liners and didn't realize it deleted the Night Edition. There are a bunch of selections that have adverse effects on your build and it really shouldn't be like that.

I know it's a long shot but I would ask your dealer. He might be willing to swap hoods with a truck on his lot or he might have another customer that wants the sport hood. I did something similar with a motorcycle I bought. I mentioned how much I hated the gas tank on the bike I bought and the dealer said he just sold a bike with the tank I liked and he said that owner liked my gas tank better. Long story short...we swapped tanks.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
You're right. I saw the selection when I added wheelhouse liners and didn't realize it deleted the Night Edition. There are a bunch of selections that have adverse effects on your build and it really shouldn't be like that.

I know it's a long shot but I would ask your dealer. He might be willing to swap hoods with a truck on his lot or he might have another customer that wants the sport hood. I did something similar with a motorcycle I bought. I mentioned how much I hated the gas tank on the bike I bought and the dealer said he just sold a bike with the tank I liked and he said that owner liked my gas tank better. Long story short...we swapped tanks.
I know my dealership will do things like this. But the Sport Package has silver badges, and the Night Edition has black badges. So in this case the hood badge won't match the rest of the badges on the truck. They might be less likely to do a swap like this unless they have another customer that's wanting to do the trade.

Users who are viewing this thread