5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sport Hood Accent Decal

danielle2019

Ram Guru
Reaction score
We ended up with over 100 photos and some video clips. I’ll get through them and post the best ones.

Pretty much decided I won’t be doing any hood graphic. I do want the color vinyl overlays for the 1500 and 5.7Hemi badges. I’ll still do an image with the other decal pattern, in case anyone else is curious how it would look.

Xmetal

Reaction score
I knew that was the color I was getting as soon as I saw it! I also have a 16 Charger in the B5 Blue. :giggle:
The Charger is a fun car to drive! First time I’d ever even been in one. I much prefer the deeper richer color of Blue Streak over B5

cotonymopar

Reaction score
I had these on my 12, and the orange faded to a pale pink in a few years... I would of put some orange on my black, but afraid of what they will do. IMG_0996.JPG

Pressgrove

Reaction score
I tried using these decals and the hemi one is super hard to line up and get straight. It also shows a little of the a chrome border once they are on.
Not to hijack the thread, but did you put them on dry or use the soap and water method? Do they look like decent quality (I assume you bought the eBay ones)?

I'm thinking about adding them to my black Laramie sport. I'm imagining the chrome showing around the edges will look good with my stock wheels (that are not black).

fontpaul

Reaction score
Not to hijack the thread, but did you put them on dry or use the soap and water method? Do they look like decent quality (I assume you bought the eBay ones)?

I'm thinking about adding them to my black Laramie sport. I'm imagining the chrome showing around the edges will look good with my stock wheels (that are not black).
i did buy the ebay ones and have put several decals like this on other cars using the soapy water trick and they still didn't look right. The chrome sticking out is what made me pull them off because I have everything blacked out now on mine. The quality was fine

Xmetal

Reaction score
Unfortunately with vinyl decals, any color with a red component is going to fade faster. Reds, oranges, purples, etc.

danielle2019

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I tried using these decals and the hemi one is super hard to line up and get straight. It also shows a little of the a chrome border once they are on.
Glad to know this beforehand. It looks like the badge had a slightly convex surface, and that probably wasn’t taken into account when then designed the decal.

I’m also not sure if I’d like the chrome edge showing, since the decal is just an overlay. Might be a little more pricey, but I think painting them will look better and last longer.

danielle2019

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just curious anyone considered using plasti dip for accents
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I’ve heard a lot about this stuff, good and bad. YouTube videos suggest that it self cuts around the edges of badge, which would certainly be convenient! I’m wondering though if it would be peel off as easy and clean from the textured plastic like what’s on the sport hood.

Xmetal

Reaction score
I’ve heard a lot about this stuff, good and bad. YouTube videos suggest that it self cuts around the edges of badge, which would certainly be convenient! I’m wondering though if it would be peel off as easy and clean from the textured plastic like what’s on the sport hood.
I think it would be fine. I’ve used it to black out the badges on my old Tundra, and it stayed on until I sold the truck almost 2 years later.

Barney556180

Reaction score
Just curious anyone considered using plasti dip for accents?
I’ve been satisfied with how my hood badges came out with Plasti-Dip.
52c1da7e2c545c8c7d28b266523400af.jpg

c6bceb8972d98246cefe2380038c01e7.jpg

Hardest part was the masking prep and cleaning the edges with a razor blade after.

Users who are viewing this thread