5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Spooked a little by so many complaints here!

OldMarine

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hi all, new guy Joe here...love this forum so far. Bought a 2019 Limited about 2 weeks ago. Absolutely in love with this truck, and flawless so far. Been wondering though, as I scroll through page after page, it kind of hit me that almost every other post is some kind of problem with a 5th gen. Motors dead, water leaks, Uconnects going crazy, noises etc...I was wondering, is anyone else concerned? Am I just a little paranoid? I'm 61, been through a lot of vehicles, and I know that compared to how many FCA has sold, the amount of complaints is a small percentage, but still, a lot of complaints here! Hope i don't have to be the next one...lol

Keezer

Reaction score
it kind of hit me that almost every other post is some kind of problem with a 5th gen. Motors dead, water leaks, Uconnects going crazy, noises etc...I was wondering, is anyone else concerned?

Eh, its a forum, every manufacturer from cars, boats, firearms, computers you name it has some kinda issue. Luck of the draw, so far so good though.

Gotta go by trucks sold vs forum posts, big difference.

And welcome to the fun !

Last edited:

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Go to the 2019 GM truck forum or the 2015 Newer F150 forum, trust me, they are quite similar.

I'm also on the Silverado forum, their rear window leak thread dwarfs the RAM's even though their truck came out months later, just for an example.

That being said, I just came from a 2015 F150 which was flawless. I've had my truck since last July and been putting it through it's paces in that short time, it's also been flawless.

Forums are where people vent, complain and try to find answers, you will see the negatives if you go on one.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Hi all, new guy Joe here...love this forum so far. Bought a 2019 Limited about 2 weeks ago. Absolutely in love with this truck, and flawless so far. Been wondering though, as I scroll through page after page, it kind of hit me that almost every other post is some kind of problem with a 5th gen. Motors dead, water leaks, Uconnects going crazy, noises etc...I was wondering, is anyone else concerned? Am I just a little paranoid? I'm 61, been through a lot of vehicles, and I know that compared to how many FCA has sold, the amount of complaints is a small percentage, but still, a lot of complaints here! Hope i don't have to be the next one...lol
Welcome. I would politely suggest that you log off and enjoy your amazing truck. Come back if you have a problem or are interested in modifications ;)

bigoldthor

Reaction score
Yeah, forums are not representative of the overall buying public. It's generally where people go to obsess about every little detail, complain about things (many are legitimate to be sure), commiserate, get ideas, customize, detail, accessorize, modify, and generally share their enthusiasm. I'd bet more than 95% of people who buy a new vehicle never visit a message board.

So to answer your question OP, no...statistically speaking you are probably quite safe.

Kicker

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Most people don't go out and ***** about how wonderful XYZ is, the want to, well, *****!
Personally I came here to learn about the RAM truck, bought a Rebel and really like it. The other half grabs it for her shopping, etc when I am not looking (I think she likes it).
And who can say no to a HEMI with not too loud pipes but just loud enough. :cool:

TX_Phil

Reaction score
Not sure if this helps but my 2019 1500 4x4 Lonestar has not had a single issue so far. At about 7500 miles and its been great, better than I expected to be honest. No water leaks, not cracked window trim, only Uconnnect issue has been with Waze but that software I assume. AC works ok, not blue norther cold but good enough to cool down on those 100 degree Texas days. Oh, my gas mileage is a shade better than I expected. I'm getting 18 - 19 hwy \ city combined. Beats the 12 I was getting in my Z71 so I'm happy.

Oops.. I forgot, I do have an issue. The dash speed display is slightly discolored. I forgot about that because I don't think it's work having dash torn apart to fix \ replace.

cj7

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Not sure if this helps but my 2019 1500 4x4 Lonestar has not had a single issue so far. At about 7500 miles and its been great, better than I expected to be honest. No water leaks, not cracked window trim, only Uconnnect issue has been with Waze but that software I assume. AC works ok, not blue norther cold but good enough to cool down on those 100 degree Texas days. Oh, my gas mileage is a shade better than I expected. I'm getting 18 - 19 hwy \ city combined. Beats the 12 I was getting in my Z71 so I'm happy.

Oops.. I forgot, I do have an issue. The dash speed display is slightly discolored. I forgot about that because I don't think it's work having dash torn apart to fix \ replace.
Glad to hear some good reports, for once. I don’t have as many miles, but no problems yet with a 20 Laramie Crew (knock on wood). Quite happy with Lil’ Red...

BTW, is your dash digital speed display slightly brown in the middle? If so, its meant to be that way...

OldMarine

Ram Guru
Reaction score
ok, thanks for the welcome, and the replies..I'm good, just thought I would throw it out there and see what the consensus was. Believe me, I feel GOOD about my truck. Love the thing. My Infinity 3.5's should be here tomorrow for me to pop in the dash and REALLY see what this sound system can do.

jkm312

Reaction score
Just drive it and enjoy the truck. Don't let the negativity here make you paranoid. I'm coming up on the 1st anniversary in a few days. I plan to wash her up, buff her out, get a fancy oil change, tank full of premium gas to celebrate. Let her strut around and blow by some Fords, Chevy's, Toyotas, and Nissan's and whatever else is in the way

OldMarine

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just drive it and enjoy the truck. Don't let the negativity here make you paranoid. I'm coming up on the 1st anniversary in a few days. I plan to wash her up, buff her out, get a fancy oil change, tank full of premium gas to celebrate. Let her strut around and blow by some Fords, Chevy's, Toyotas, and Nissan's and whatever else is in the way
ha ha...right on! I am noticing some looks from guys in other brands..you know that look, "wow..nice lookin truck!".

OldMarine

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I know I just stand and stare at it sometimes just because it's so gorgeous. I've had a lot of new trucks, mostly F150s, and I've never had one I've been as smitten with as this one.
...lol, ok, so I'm not the only one! Mine is the Blue Pearlcoat..parked in the sun, that color pops..catch myself drooling over it more than my 72 Chevelle 5-speed, 468!

Attachments

• IMG_20200305_093357085_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20200305_093357085_HDR.jpg
    291 KB · Views: 68
  • DSC09440.JPG
    DSC09440.JPG
    158.3 KB · Views: 69

WW2

Reaction score
All forums are more steered towards issues, problems, complaints...people dont just log on and post "had a trouble free week with my truck"....That being said, with it being a new model and all the new technology, I would say there is an increased chance of an issue. That does not mean you will or will not have an issue, just maybe an increased chance of one. My coworker was just in my office complaining of all the problems hes had with his 2018 Tacoma...you just never know...buy what you like and cross your fingers.. I love my truck...better than anything Ive had prior (there have been many)

OldMarine

Ram Guru
Reaction score
All forums are more steered towards issues, problems, complaints...people dont just log on and post "had a trouble free week with my truck"....That being said, with it being a new model and all the new technology, I would say there is an increased chance of an issue. That does not mean you will or will not have an issue, just maybe an increased chance of one. My coworker was just in my office complaining of all the problems hes had with his 2018 Tacoma...you just never know...buy what you like and cross your fingers.. I love my truck...better than anything Ive had prior (there have been many)
so true! My buddy is the "truck expert" in my circle of friends...he rags on everything except Fords, which is what he bought last year. He got a 2019 F-150 XLT Sport, with the V8...started burning like a quart of oil every 500 miles!!,(known issue with this motor, happens here & there). Ford wanted to tear the motor down to find cause, and rebuild. He wouldn't go for that so he traded it in, took the beating, and got another one, but with the 3.5 ecoboost. Never know what can happen...now he stays quiet about Ram's..hee, hee..

rah6887

Reaction score
Zero issues here, 6 months in.
I don't create threads about how well my truck is doing, like most on here.
Enjoy your new truck!

Snwjnky

Reaction score
Loving my Rebel, even though I have a little bit of the front end tie rod clunk.
But it is the good people on this forum that educated me about the issue and how to correct it. I'll get around to it.
Go enjoy your truck.

Users who are viewing this thread