5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Spontaneous Shift to 4WD High

wegasque

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I went just past my house and went to the adjacent T-intersection to turn around so I could back into my driveway. As I was turning it got really sluggish and at first I thought it did one of those spontaneous shut-offs during low speed turning like I read about here. I checked and the truck was still on with no issues but it had spontaneously shifted into 4WD High. I switched it back to 2WD and backed into my driveway. There's no way I inadvertently hit the switch. No codes thrown or other issues. Really weird. Anybody else seen anything like this?

Trippi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I went just past my house and went to the adjacent T-intersection to turn around so I could back into my driveway. As I was turning it got really sluggish and at first I thought it did one of those spontaneous shut-offs during low speed turning like I read about here. I checked and the truck was still on with no issues but it had spontaneously shifted into 4WD High. I switched it back to 2WD and backed into my driveway. There's no way I inadvertently hit the switch. No codes thrown or other issues. Really weird. Anybody else seen anything like this?
This literally just happened to me. To be honest I had been using 4wd High due to snow and I just chalked it up to hitting the button as I was quickly changing the dial to throw it into reverse. If it happens again I will think otherwise but once in almost 3 years I am not looking it as a problme.

Alejandro_Andretti

Reaction score
Happened to me before but I hit it accidentally I don’t think it switches on it’s own.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
You hit it by mistake.

Happened to me ONCE also. Found out when I was turning around in the driveway to park.

Users who are viewing this thread