5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Split screen

Davidbt

Reaction score
Anybody else's system update to split screen. My U- Connect 4 updated itself over the weekend and now I have split screen.

CatDaddy66

Reaction score
Yes, mine did as well. There's an icon in the lower left corner that puts it back to full screen.

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Yup, mine did it last week with an update that took 30 minutes. Now my Android auto uses the update with the split, seems like an improvement, love that the most used icons are now up front, easily changed back to different configurations.

That along with my wireless Android auto dongle, all is perfect with my trucks multi-media.

Davidbt

Reaction score
Yup, mine did it last week with an update that took 30 minutes. Now my Android auto uses the update with the split, seems like an improvement, love that the most used icons are now up front, easily changed back to different configurations.

That along with my wireless Android auto dongle, all is perfect with my trucks multi-media.
So, the auto dongle works good? I was looking at one online last night.

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
So, the auto dongle works good? I was looking at one online last night.

Love it. I'm using the Motorola MA1. You typically see them on Amazon from $90 - $100, but I found a new one on Ebay for $67.

It's been flawless, you will need to plug it into one of the two data UBS ports at the middle of the center console. It comes with double sided tape on the bottom so it fit perfectly under the main head unit, it's barely noticeable and out of the way, I'll take a pic later of how I have it setup.

What's great is should you need to plug your phone in later, say your phone is low on battery, the system will detect another Android auto connection, it will ask you if you want to switch to it. Just tap no on the screen and the power plug will simply charge your phone instead of interfering with the wireless android auto. Pretty cool. It works well with the Unconnect.

Being able to pick-up your phone for whatever reason while not having to unplug your phone and staying connected to Android auto is awesome and worth it, highly recommend.

Last edited:

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
Got a pick of the split screen? I doubt I’ll be eligible for the update, but just curious

ArcotRAMathorn

Reaction score
I had the split screen option for a few weeks, now I don't. I've updated Android auto app, updated uc4, looked in settings but can't get there option back.

Where your split screen option is, I just have the icon for the apps menu

19jds76

Reaction score
Is this update for all 8.4" systems or only for Level 2 systems? Is the split screen option for Android only or does it work with iPhone too? I would love to have the split screen feature but I don't see any icons for it on my system (Level 1).

Davidbt

Reaction score
Is this update for all 8.4" systems or only for Level 2 systems? Is the split screen option for Android only or does it work with iPhone too? I would love to have the split screen feature but I don't see any icons for it on my system (Level 1).
I'm not sure. I do have the level 2 group though in my Bighorn.

Wirerat

Reaction score
Interested in this. Non nav uc4. So I doubt ill get it.

I do like the new andriod auto layout though.

dts828

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My understanding is the split screen as shown above is part of android auto and nothing to do with uconnect and it only works with Google maps and not Waze.

Sent from my SM-S918U1 using Tapatalk

Wirerat

Reaction score
My understanding is the split screen as shown above is part of android auto and nothing to do with uconnect and it only works with Google maps and not Waze.

Thanks for this.

I cleared the cache for android auto + Google play services and after a reboot, I have the tiles in android auto.

Also I have Waze working. I downloaded the beta apk, Installed it and its working in the tiles now.

Last edited:

Solracer

Reaction score

You are correct.

Users who are viewing this thread