5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Spherical EndLinks?

MishMashRAM1500

Reaction score
I am looking for Spherical-style EndLinks for the 5GR 1500 (non-TRX) and no one seems to make them. Anyone know why?

I ask because my stock endlinks wore out. Upgraded to Hellwig Sway Bars front and rear, Hellwig rear EndLinks and SuspensionMaxx front EndLinks.

After so many miles I get the normal clunky feel associated with loose endlinks. Get under again, ensure everything is snug a bit more...then again after 1000 miles the clunk.

Would be really nice if someone offered spherical so there was a bit more precision. The TRX market has some.

Anyone have this problem, and/or solution to the clunk?

Last edited:

cskindt

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I am looking for Spherical-style EndLinks for the 5GR 1500 (non-TRX) and no one seems to make them. Anyone know why?

I ask because my stock swaybar and endlinks wore out. Upgraded to Hellwig Sway Bars front and rear, Hellwig rear EndLinks and SuspensionMaxx front EndLinks.

After so many miles I get the normal clunky feel associated with loose endlinks. Get under again, ensure everything is snug a bit more...then again after 1000 miles the clunk.

Would be really nice if someone offered spherical so there was a bit more precision. The TRX market has some.

How do you wear out a sway-bar?
Is it the front or rear end-links that are clunking? Maybe just try OEM front links for now. Core 4x4 rear end links are a great alternative, but I don't why any other rear end links are going to wear out or start clunking in 1000 miles.
Do you drive rugged terrain all the time?

MishMashRAM1500

Reaction score
How do you wear out a sway-bar?
Is it the front or rear end-links that are clunking? Maybe just try OEM front links for now. Core 4x4 rear end links are a great alternative, but I don't why any other rear end links are going to wear out or start clunking in 1000 miles.
Do you drive rugged terrain all the time?
Fixed my post so that it is clearer. Yes, the endlinks. The post centers around endlinks. I am after spherical endlinks. Thank you.

I do not know either which I why I asked. Yes I offroad, and onroad with it.

The Hellwig Rear endlinks (7921) are not a proper kit for the 5GR. The rear mounting bolts to the captive nuts are M10, where as the kit comes with SAE bolts and therefore Spacer. I had to find the proper spacer that would work for the m10. Everything is snug..but still.

Vulpes

Reaction score
I had a clunk that disappeared when I disconnected my factory front swaybar end links. Replaced them with Maxxlink endlinks. And now it clunks again. When I get a minute I'll disconnect these and see what happens.

So for your spherical end links, looks like you might have a machining/welding project to have fun with!

MishMashRAM1500

Reaction score
I had a clunk that disappeared when I disconnected my factory front swaybar end links. Replaced them with Maxxlink endlinks. And now it clunks again. When I get a minute I'll disconnect these and see what happens.

So for your spherical end links, looks like you might have a machining/welding project to have fun with!
Thank you for the feedback. It is crazy. I grabbed the Hellwig swaybar after disconnecting the endlinks and tried to jerk it around to see if it was maybe the bar loose somehow in the bushings and its not. Just frustrating for sure.

Vulpes

Reaction score
Thank you for the feedback. It is crazy. I grabbed the Hellwig swaybar after disconnecting the endlinks and tried to jerk it around to see if it was maybe the bar loose somehow in the bushings and its not. Just frustrating for sure.
Finding clunks can be very frustrating. I also replaced my sway bar mount bushings with polyurethane,, and silicon grease, and the noise was still there. I bought my truck used, it was a rental so I figured why not replace suspension parts as it was probably abused. Reminds me of an old joke, "What's the best offroad vehicle?: A rental car".

When I get some more free time, I'll be disconnecting my end links again, (Always start with the basics), to see if the clunk then goes away, and will report back.

Others on here have found clunks to be the body mounts. There is even a TSB issued for clunking from the body mounts.

Let us know what you find out on yours!

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score

I ask because my stock endlinks wore out. Upgraded to Hellwig Sway Bars front and rear, Hellwig rear EndLinks and SuspensionMaxx front EndLinks.

I think you'd be the only person to ever say they have had an issue with the suspensionmaxx endkinks. Other than the early models not fitting properly.

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
i think you have the adjustable end link?
If that's the case, make sure you have the correct length and apply red loctite on the adjustment thing so they don't get loose again.

For the spherical end links, try searching for Heim Joint end links. Heim Joints are far superior.

kzielu

Reaction score
Sway bar endlinks don't wear out like ever - but they routinely get loose at either chassis or sway bar connection or if adjustable - at the threaded ends where jam nuts get loose.

Trying to jerk the bar to find the clunk is nowhere near sufficient - you need a long pry bar - but it's easier to just retighten all the connections and see if the clunk goes away.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/