5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Speedometer recalculation

Halfpint81

Reaction score
Hey I was just wondering if anyone has a set of BFG k02 295/65r20 on their truck and wondering what tire size you set your calibrator to. I’m using a Taser DT that’s the only on that would fit to a digital dash. Thank you for the help

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I used this calculator to get my tire diameter and entered the size with my Tazer. Speedo was right on after.

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
Hey I was just wondering if anyone has a set of BFG k02 295/65r20 on their truck and wondering what tire size you set your calibrator to. I’m using a Taser DT that’s the only on that would fit to a digital dash. Thank you for the help
I went with 33” tires and used jscan to calibrate. Not sure how the taser works. I would recommend using some speedometer apps on your phone (not plugged in to the trucks usb) to compare to the speedometer. That helps with fine tuning

Halfpint81

Reaction score
I went with 33” tires and used jscan to calibrate. Not sure how the taser works. I would recommend using some speedometer apps on your phone (not plugged in to the trucks usb) to compare to the speedometer. That helps with fine tuni

I used this calculator to get my tire diameter and entered the size with my Tazer. Speedo was right on after.

Okay I’ll give that a try thank you, I tried the average of all 4 tires if that doesn’t work I’ll do that

Halfpint81

Reaction score
I went with 33” tires and used jscan to calibrate. Not sure how the taser works. I would recommend using some speedometer apps on your phone (not plugged in to the trucks usb) to compare to the speedometer. That helps with fine tuning
I do have gps speed app on my phone and noticed the speed was off even though the dealership said they adjusted it

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
I do have gps speed app on my phone and noticed the speed was off even though the dealership said they adjusted it
I gotcha. I used three different ones to compare it to. I’m sure free apps won’t be 100%. You could also drive by one of those speed signs. We’ve got a few in the area

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I just went off the Waze app MPH reading on Uconnect. Noticed right away I was off 5 mph at 60 which was exactly what the Tire Size app calculated.

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
I just went off the Waze app MPH reading on Uconnect. Noticed right away I was off 5 mph at 60 which was exactly what the Tire Size app calculated.
I started there, and fine tuned. Guess my tires aren't quite 33" tall.

limechallenger

Reaction score
Put a level on top of the tire , level it ,and measure to the bottom of the level. That's your tire height/ outside diameter. Most tire sizes are off of what they say.

Users who are viewing this thread