5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

speedometer calibration ?????

JerryBsizzle

Reaction score
Do you have a 12 inch screen?

No 8.4

To clarify, 8.4 inch on current truck, 12" on previous truck. Both trucks had 35s, both trucks speedo recal at the dealer in the express lane while I waited. No issues with either.

Last edited:

USMC1291

Reaction score
Just got done calling two local dealerships in my area about adjusting the speedo to my new 33's. The first said that it could not be done and the second said sure can, what are the last 8 of your VIN. It just goes to show you that not all dealers are made the same.

marioblazevic

Reaction score
Just got my 2022 Ram lifted with 35s and looking to see if anyone around NC has had a dealer calibrate their Speedo?

mplaramie

Reaction score
Just got my 2022 Ram lifted with 35s and looking to see if anyone around NC has had a dealer calibrate their Speedo?
You may be better off going with Jscan or AlphaOBD and doing it yourself. If you do, there is a security bypass cable ($10 to $20 on Amazon) and a Bluetooth OBD reader ($50 to $100 on Amazon) that you will need.

There is tons of helpful information on what you need and how to do it on the forum. You will, like most of us, change a few things other than tire size once you dive in.....

barrak

Reaction score
You just answered a 2.5 year old post and the guy hasn't visited this site in almost 2 years. Better late than never, eh? :ROFLMAO:
I'm guilty of doing that all the time (answering old threads), so here goes...

I have 33" summer tires on the OEM 22" wheels and 34" winter tires on 20" wheels. A Tazer DT (or something similar) sure beats paying the dealer twice a year.

Mountain Whiskey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I'm guilty of doing that all the time (answering old threads), so here goes...

I have 33" summer tires on the OEM 22" wheels and 34" winter tires on 20" wheels. A Tazer DT (or something similar) sure beats paying the dealer twice a year.

I wouldn't sweat the 1 inch difference. 😉

Helidad

Reaction score
I am having 34" tires put on my truck, I asked them to calibrate the speedo, they said no problem it's $150. I have seen the same price quoted elsewhere in this forum. I think it opens some kind of work order/ticket. It is good for 6 weeks. That is so you can't come back next year and ask them to do a different size without paying again. I would just call your local service department and ask. My local one would not do it when I asked but the one I am getting the truck from was all over it. So you might have to call around a little. As far as having the body control module updated I also heard about that in this forum as well. I guess some DIY attempts don't work so well with the sensors, like the Tazer if the tire size is too much. Best to find a dealer that knows what they are doing to, because a 35" tire is not really a 35" tire when it rolls, its more like 34.4". I am not an expert by any means but $150 for a properly calibrated truck seems like a good idea, and other forum members have said the same. Check this out.

With the dealer option will that also correct the shift points that seem to be messed up on my Big Horn…. Seems to live to low on the RPMs

Users who are viewing this thread