5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Speedometer Calibration tool - Can I borrow/rent it from you?

Jperconte

Reaction score
Hey Gang, I'm in the process of upgrading my 18" 275/60/18 to the Laramie OEM 20" 275/60/20. So basically, this will increase the height on the wheel about just over 2" from the worn out oem tires on have now. In addition, the speedometer will also need to be re-cal'd as this will now be off about 2 mph. I used this site to compare current and new tires sizes.

Anyone have a calibration tool I can borrow or rent. I'd rather not go to the dealer, they are not too swift, and can barely handle an Oil change.

Scram1500

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
If you use an aftermarket programmer tool like Hypertech or Rough Country, the tool becomes "linked" to your vehicle and can only be used on one vehicle at a time

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
You should probably put your location in your profile.

If you can spare $100 and you use Android devices or a Windows based laptop, you can use AlfaOBD to program your speedometer.

Whoa_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just look for someone local with alfaobd and ask if they can do it for you. Fairly easy to do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online