5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Speed sensitive volume

millerbjm

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have a new 2023 with the 12" radio and have the speed sensitive volume enabled but it doesn't seem to adjust at all - is there any trick to this or is just not very well designed?

Geddyflea

Reaction score
I have a new 2023 with the 12" radio and have the speed sensitive volume enabled but it doesn't seem to adjust at all - is there any trick to this or is just not very well designed?
I'm not sure about the new trucks but on my 2020 there are 3 levels of volume you can choose from in the speed sensitive setting. I've got mine set on the second one and it works really well

millerbjm

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm not sure about the new trucks but on my 2020 there are 3 levels of volume you can choose from in the speed sensitive setting. I've got mine set on the second one and it works really well
Yeah I have 3 levels ad well and have it on maximum but it doesn't seem to work. I'll have to try a different level or a reset or something. Tha ks for the reply

23RAM

Reaction score
Yeah I have 3 levels ad well and have it on maximum but it doesn't seem to work. I'll have to try a different level or a reset or something. Tha ks for the reply
Might just be a software glitch in your software version.

Personally I don't like it...I prefer to control the volume myself.
:)

John Galt

Reaction score
mine works…but it’s pretty subtle. I only notice when I’m specifically listening for it otherwise it’s pretty transparent and doesn’t call attention to itself.

millerbjm

Ram Guru
Reaction score
mine works…but it’s pretty subtle. I only notice when I’m specifically listening for it otherwise it’s pretty transparent and doesn’t call attention to itself.
I think this is what I've determined as well. My 1st expereience with the feature was in a late 90's Chevy Lumina and it was pretty noticeable but I suppose it have to be since that car was so poorly built it was really loud on the highway! I like to drive with my windows down so wish there was a more extreme speed sensitive mode at times.

Rebelguy2020

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My 2020 Rebel with the 12 inch screen is the same as yours, I will try setting it at 2 like someone said to see if it works better, I just got a auto update done the other day and didn’t notice any difference, I will try to see if it corrected it.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
I have mine set but it can't really work very well.
I have never had a speed adaptive volume control that worked well.
It's way too subtle but I have a very loud exhaust and 3.92s so I need to turn the volume up manually :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/