5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Speed calibration options

dutchman187

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I had 305/45 R22 AT tires put on last week and noticed at around 70 mph, the speedometer is off 2-3 mph. I called the local dealer and they said they can only calibrate the OEM offered sizes for my truck, and that isn't one. Discount Tire assured me the tires are fine for fitting the truck, but don't offer speedo recalibration. I've read some people on here do it themselves, but I'd really like to just have someone else do it. Another dealer 30 minutes from here said they can do it, but the estimate starts at 125 as a diagnostic charge apparently.

Any other shops people recommend that do this?

dutchman187

Ram Guru
Reaction score

PaulieWalnutz

Reaction score
I had 305/45 R22 AT tires put on last week and noticed at around 70 mph, the speedometer is off 2-3 mph. I called the local dealer and they said they can only calibrate the OEM offered sizes for my truck, and that isn't one. Discount Tire assured me the tires are fine for fitting the truck, but don't offer speedo recalibration. I've read some people on here do it themselves, but I'd really like to just have someone else do it. Another dealer 30 minutes from here said they can do it, but the estimate starts at 125 as a diagnostic charge apparently.

Any other shops people recommend that do this?
Did you go with Toyo at3?

Scram1500

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Question, if you do it yourself does it affect warranty in any capacity?
Possibly, but probably not. I used a Hypertech and the instructions say to unmarry and reset to OEM specifications before bringing it in for service. They indicate that if the dealer comes across settings in the computer that are not OEM it could raise a red flag. There was an active thread here where a dealership denied warranty coverage on a transmission due to a Tazer being left plugged in

Users who are viewing this thread