5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Speculating my exit strategy on my Raptor

VoiceOfReason

Reaction score
When may the TR and TRX be available to order? Thinking that a year from now may be a good time to get out of my truck. I am a bit persuaded in considering a Rebel 12 now but I think I may regret making that decision in about a year's timeframe.
My advice is to get out of the Raptor sooner rather than later. I understand it's a great truck and I don't doubt that in the least, but with the arrival of the TRX, the Raptor goes from King of the Hill (by virtue of being the only one on it) to dead last (even if a close second).
No one can say for certain, except other Raptor owners, but if online comments are any indication, the used Raptor market will saturate quickly as owners trade up to the TRX. Those who always wanted a Raptor but could never afford one will be the true beneficiaries - at the expense of current Raptor owners.

Essentially, it comes down to - what would you rather be trading in for a TRX?
- A gently used year old Rebel 12
- An older, more used Raptor

If it were me, I would not want to be the one holding the bag when the TRX takes the off road truck world by storm. But for a more analytical/empirical perspective, research used sale prices of Rebels and Raptors to get an indication of which hold their value better. I haven't taken that step as my trade in will be worth slightly more than a bicycle and I'll probably keep it for a winter beater.

S

Smashy71

I'm getting the itch, really bad. Like freakin' poison oak. Don't know if I can hold out for a TR but in a year I know I'll regret it if I were to get a Rebel 12 now.
Lift it 4 inches with 37” tires up grade the suspension and throw on a twin screw supercharger.

Rebel Randy

Reaction score
My advice is to get out of the Raptor sooner rather than later. I understand it's a great truck and I don't doubt that in the least, but with the arrival of the TRX, the Raptor goes from King of the Hill (by virtue of being the only one on it) to dead last (even if a close second).
No one can say for certain, except other Raptor owners, but if online comments are any indication, the used Raptor market will saturate quickly as owners trade up to the TRX. Those who always wanted a Raptor but could never afford one will be the true beneficiaries - at the expense of current Raptor owners.

Essentially, it comes down to - what would you rather be trading in for a TRX?
- A gently used year old Rebel 12
- An older, more used Raptor

If it were me, I would not want to be the one holding the bag when the TRX takes the off road truck world by storm. But for a more analytical/empirical perspective, research used sale prices of Rebels and Raptors to get an indication of which hold their value better. I haven't taken that step as my trade in will be worth slightly more than a bicycle and I'll probably keep it for a winter beater.

That's the game isn't it. There will trade off's between the two for sure. The Raptor will be lighter and possibly the better all around performer. But if the TR is close and w/ a V8, I would think most would choose it over all out off-road performance that not many approach. My Raptor is a great truck and am in no rush to sell it, just need more concrete info and availability on the TR/TRX before considering a sell window of time.

19Jake

Reaction score
Get out of the Raptor sooner rather than later. The used Raptor market is beginning to saturate.
new & used prices are trending down...the current F150 platform is past it's expiry date

AnthonyD1978

Reaction score
If it's a 1st gen raptor I could see justifying getting into the Rebel for the nicer interior and newer tech. If it's a current gen raptor I'd wait for the TR or TRX.

I justified getting a 5th gen 4x4 Laramie to myself (cause I'm crazy) as stop gap until the TR/TRX come out.

Rebel Randy

Reaction score
Talked to two dealers today. Looks like $10K off list for a Rebel 12 shouldn't be a problem, and I'd order one to get just what I'd want. Visited one dealer who had just one '19 Rebel. Not sure if I could pull the trigger on one however. What I'd really want is a Rebel TR in F8 Green. Saw a Charger at the dealer in this color. Really nice...! Man I hope they'll make them in this color.

maxresdefault.jpg

Last edited:

Jhill

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Put a TRX decal on your current 19 RAM's quarter panel's and add a throaty exhaust and you'll be content for now. :cool: IMG_3425.JPG IMG_3426.JPG IMG_3424.JPG

Rebel Randy

Reaction score
Love the way my Raptor looks and the power is great, just not the sound so much. The interior was great too, till the '19 Ram came out lol. However the red trim interior detail in the Rebel might not have been my first choice. I want that Rebel Smoke truck from Sema...(y)

Users who are viewing this thread